Jamie O'Brien (surfer)
James Duncan York O'Brien|
9 June 1983
|Residence||Haleiwa, Oahu, Hawaii|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg)|
|Sponsors||Lume Cube, Red Bull, GoPro, Nectar Sunglasses, Catch Surf|
|Major achievements||Won 2003 Hansen's Energy Pipeline Pro, 2004 Pipeline Masters, 2004 Fosters Lager Expression Trestles, 2009 Ripcurl Cup Padang Padang, Won Volcom Pipe Pro 2010|
|Stance||Natural (regular) foot|
|Website||Who is JOB|
Jamie's father, Australian Mick O'Brien, was a life guard. Jamie has said that one of the things that got him interested in surfing was talking to many of the regular surfers on his dad's beach.
His contest accomplishments include the Pipeline Masters in 2001, which he took 4th place after just recovering from a groin injury. He also gained first place at the 2003 Hansen's Pipeline Pro in 2003 and at 21 years of age, first place in the 2004 Fosters Expression Trestles and the Rip Curl Pipeline Masters.
In 2016 Jamie O'Brien assisted in the rescue of a bodyboarder who had wiped out and was drowning, by paddling out with a foam board to help Guilherme Tamega who was trying to bring the victim to shore.
- "Jamie O'Brien". World Surf League. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- "Jamie O'Brien I just let my surfing tell the story". Red Bull Australia. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- "Jamie O'Brien - Hawaii". Surfersvillage. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- Preisendorfer, Rusty (24 June 2009). "The Secret Behind Displacement and Big-Guy Shortboards". Surfline. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- "O'Brien, Jamie". Encyclopedia of Surfing. Surfer Magazine. Retrieved 6 December 2016.
- Kewley, Gary (8 December 2014). "Talk Story With Pro Surfer Jamie O'Brien Wednesday Night At Surfer, The Bar". Surf News Network. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- "Jamie O'Brien: Freak Show". SurferToday. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- "Jamie O'Brien: Freak Side". SurfMovies.Org. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
- Haro, Alexander (4 March 2016). "Lifeguards and Jamie O'Brien Just Saved a Bodyboarder's Life at Pipeline". The Inertia. Retrieved 17 December 2016.