James White (theologian)
- Not to be confused with author and theologian James E. White, the former President of Gordon-Conwell Seminary
James Robert White (born December 17, 1962) is the director of Alpha and Omega Ministries, an evangelical Reformed Christian apologetics organization based in Phoenix, Arizona. He is the author of more than twenty books.
|James Robert White|
|Born||James Robert White
December 17, 1962
Hennepin County, Minnesota, USA
|Education||B.A. Grand Canyon College M.A. Fuller Theological Seminary|
|Occupation||Christian apologist, author|
|Known for||Director of Alpha and Omega Ministries|
White is the director of Alpha and Omega Ministries, a presuppositional apologetics organization based in Phoenix, Arizona. He received a BA from Grand Canyon College, and an MA from Fuller Theological Seminary. He was also a critical consultant for the Lockman Foundation's New American Standard Bible.
White often engages in public debate, having participated in more than 150 public moderated debates, covering topics such as Calvinism, Roman Catholicism, Islam, Mormonism, the King James Only movement, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Atheism. His debate opponents have included scholars such as Bart Ehrman, John Dominic Crossan, Marcus Borg, Joe Ventilacion and popularizers such as Dan Barker and John Shelby Spong as well as Islamic scholar Shabir Ally and South African Muslim apologist Yusuf Ismail.
White has also been an elder of Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church in Phoenix, AZ, since 1998.
He is married and he and his wife have two children. He also has two grandchildren.
White graduated with a BA from Grand Canyon University (formerly known as Grand Canyon College) and an MA from Fuller Theological Seminary. He earned ThM, ThD and DMin degrees from Columbia Evangelical Seminary (formerly Faraston Theological Seminary) an unaccredited correspondence school. In March 2017, White announced that he is working on an accredited PhD at North-West University in Potchefstroom, South Africa.
- Justification by Faith, Crowne, 1990, ISBN 978-0-925703-40-8
- Answers to Catholic Claims: A Discussion of Biblical Authority, Crowne, 1 January 1990, ISBN 978-0-925703-36-1
- God's Sovereign Grace, Crowne, 1 April 1991, ISBN 978-0-925703-41-5
- Letters to a Mormon Elder, Crowne, 1990, ISBN 978-0-925703-59-0
- The King James Only Controversy: Can You Trust the Modern Translations?, Baker, 1995, ISBN 978-1-55661-575-7
- The Roman Catholic Controversy, Baker, 1 August 1996, ISBN 978-1-55661-819-2
- Grieving: Your Path Back to Peace, Baker, 1 October 1997, ISBN 978-0-7642-2000-5
- Is the Mormon My Brother?: Discerning the Differences Between Mormonism and Christianity, Bethany House, 1997, ISBN 978-1-55661-714-0
- Johnson, Kevin; White, James (15 June 1998), What's with the dudes at the door?, Bethany House, ISBN 978-0-7642-2070-8
- Mary: Another Redeemer?, Bethany House, 1998, ISBN 978-0-7642-2102-6
- The Forgotten Trinity, Baker, 1 November 1998, ISBN 978-1-55661-725-6
- Johnson, Kevin; White, James (1 October 1999), What's With the Mutant in the Microscope: Stuff to Know When Science Says Your Uncle Is a Monkey, Bethany House, ISBN 978-0-7642-2187-3
- The Potter's Freedom: A Defense of the Reformation and Reply Norman Geisler's Chosen But Free, Calvary Press, 22 August 2007, ISBN 978-1-879737-43-3
- The God who Justifies, Bethany House, 2001, ISBN 978-0-7642-2288-7
- White, James; Niell, Jeff (1 April 2002), The Same Sex Controversy: Defending and Clarifying the Bible's Message About Homosexuality, Baker, ISBN 978-0-7642-2524-6
- Hunt, Dave; White, James (2004), Debating Calvinism: Five Points, Two Views, Multnomah, ISBN 978-1-59052-273-8
- Akin, Daniel; Garrett, James; Reymond, Robert; White, James; Zahl, Paul (2004), Brand, Chad; Norman, R, eds., Perspectives on Church Government: Five Views of Church Polity, B&H Publishing Group, pp. 278–, ISBN 978-0-8054-2590-1
- Scripture Alone: Exploring the Bible's Accuracy, Authority and Authenticity, Baker Publishing Group, 1 October 2004, ISBN 978-0-7642-2048-7
- Pulpit Crimes, Solid Ground Christian Books, 1 October 2006, ISBN 978-1-59925-090-8
- From Toronto to Emmaus the Empty Tomb and the Journey from Skepticism to Faith, Solid Ground Christian Books, 1 March 2007, ISBN 978-1-59925-112-7
- What Every Christian Needs to Know About the Qur'an, Baker Books, 1 May 2013, ISBN 978-1-44126-052-9
Selected formal debates
- "Who is GOD? Is GOD TRINITY" vs. Joe Ventilacion, 2017
- "Parallel accounts in the New Testament & the Qur'an" vs. Yusuf Ismail, October 2015, Denis Hurley Centre, Durban
- "Is the Qur'an a book of peace or violence / Is the Bible a book of peace or violence" vs Yusuf Ismail, October 2015, Denis Hurley Centre, Durban
- "Reading each other's scriptures: A Christian-Muslim debate; Christology in John's Gospel, Christology in the Qur'an" vs Yusuf Ismail, October 2014, Grey Street Mosque, Durban, South Africa
- "Is the New Testament a reliable record of the teachings of Jesus..Is the Qur'an a reliable record of the teachings of Muhammed" vs Yusuf Ismail, October 2013, North West University, Potchefstroom
- "Is the Bible True?" vs. Robert M. Price, May 2010, aboard ship on the Carnival Legend
- "Did the Bible Misquote Jesus?" vs. Bart Ehrman, January 2009, aboard ship on the Celebrity Century
- "Is Homosexuality Compatible with Authentic, Biblical, Orthodox Christianity?" vs. John Shelby Spong, November 2006, Orlando, FL
- "Is the New Testament We Possess Today Inspired?" vs. Shabir Ally, May 2006, La Mirada, CA
- "Open Theism", vs. Bob Enyart, July 2014, Denver, CO
- "The Resurrection of Jesus Christ", vs. Marcus Borg and John Dominic Crossan (with James Renihan), August 2005, aboard ship on the Sun Princess
- "Is the Orthodox, Biblical Account of Jesus of Nazareth Authentic & Historically Accurate?", vs. John Dominic Crossan, August 2005, Seattle, WA
- "Are Roman Catholics Our Brothers and Sisters in Christ?", vs. Douglas Wilson, November 2004, Los Angeles
- "Is Homosexuality Consistent with Biblical Christianity", vs. Barry Lynn, May 2001, Long Island, NY
- "The Papacy", vs. Fr. Mitch Pacwa, SJ, May 1998, Long Island, NY
- "Sola Scriptura", vs. Gerry Matatics, August 1990, Long Beach, CA
- NASB, Amplified, LBLA, and NBLH Bibles, The Lockman Foundation, 2014, retrieved 2014-05-12
- James White, Alpha and Omega Ministries, 2014, retrieved 2014-05-12
- 2006 Alpha and Omega National Conference, Sovereign Cruises, retrieved 2014-05-12
- Our Elders, Phoenix Reformed Baptist Church, 2011, retrieved 2014-05-12
- "Of Doctorates and Eternity".
- "James R. White, D.Min., Th.D. - Faculty Mentor".
- "CES Learning About Accreditation".
- http://vintage.aomin.org/CrEd.html. Missing or empty
- "The Benedict Option, Tim Keller, South Africa and London, and an Important Announcement". Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- "Alpha and Omega Ministries, The Christian Apologetics Ministry of James R. White". vintage.aomin.org. Retrieved 2017-04-05.