This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jamal "Gravy" Woolard (born July 8, 1975) is an American actor, rapper, and comedian. He is best known for portraying musician The Notorious B.I.G. in the film Notorious, and, as a supporting character, in the Tupac Shakur biopic All Eyez On Me.
|Born||July 8, 1975|
|Origin||Brooklyn, New York, United States|
|Occupation(s)||Actor, rapper, comedian|
|Labels||Dirty Money Records / Warner Bros. Records|
Life and careerEdit
Woolard, like Christopher Wallace, is from Brooklyn, specifically L.G., Lafayette Gardens. In real life he raps under the name "Gravy". He is featured in the song "Untouchable" by Tupac Shakur on the Pac's Life album. He had to add over 50 pounds to his already large frame to play The Notorious B.I.G. in the film Notorious.
Woolard was previously known for being shot near radio station Hot 97 in 2006 and giving an interview on the Funkmaster Flex show directly afterwards. His music was later banned from play at the station as a result of a policy that bans "music by any artist who is involved in an altercation at the station."
Recently, Woolard has been considering getting back into the film industry after taking time off to spend with his daughter. Sources say he has been linked with the newly formed Diamantaire Management Inc., who also has unreleased Alex "Chae" Muniz, Marc Anthony's son, as a signed client. On June 7, 2016, Woolard was arrested in Snellville, Georgia on charges of battery.
In 2016, he starred in the movie Barbershop: The Next Cut as Marquese. Woolard reprised his role as The Notorious B.I.G. in All Eyez on Me, a biopic about Tupac Shakur, which was released in June 2017.
- Who Shot Mayor Goonberg? Polotics As Usual Vol.1 (2006)
- Mayor Goonberg Visits Africa (2006)
- The Come Up Mixtape (2006)
- THE COME UP Mixtape: In Da Trap (2006)
- N.Y. Target (2007)
- Brooklyn Capo (The Come Up Rockstar ED 4) (2007)
- Guess Who's Back (The Official Best Of Gravy) (2007)
- Notorious Classics (2008)
- Gravy: Without A Doubt (2008)
- Notorious Gravy (2009)
- Don't Think Its All Gravy [feat. DJ O.P. & Dirty Money] (2015)
Awards and nominationsEdit
- "Jamal Woolard is 'Notorious' – Cinematical". Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- Kam Williams (2009-01-08). "Jamal Woolard: The Notorious Interview". KamWilliams.com. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "The Role of Notorious B.I.G. to Be Played by That Guy Who Got Shot in the Ass". March 6, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- Reid, Shaheem (May 18, 2006). "Gravy Wonders Why Hot 97 Banned Him, Not 50, After Shooting". MTV.com. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- McNary, Dave. "Tupac Biopic Casts Lead Roles for Shakur, Biggie Smalls". Variety. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- Kent, Chloe. "The Tupac Biopic Has Cast Its Lead & The Movie Sounds So Promising". Bustle. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Tupac Shakur biopic casts lookalike as lead actor". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 28 December 2015.