Kill the Noise
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jacob Stanczak, known professionally as Kill the Noise, is an American DJ and record producer from Rochester, New York. His collaboration with Skrillex, Fatman Scoop and Michael Angelakos, "Recess", entered the UK Singles Chart at number 57. The song is the title track from Skrillex's debut album Recess. He has performed at Coachella, Electric Daisy Carnival (EDC), Lollapalooza and Hardfest.
Kill the Noise
Stanczak at the 2012 Spring Awakening Music Festival
|Birth name||Jacob Stanczak|
|Also known as|
|Born||Rochester, New York, US|
In 2006, Stanczak recorded a DJ mix for the Barcode Recordings compilation album Shades of Black that was featured on its CD release. He previously went by the name Ewun until 2008. He has also appeared on many compilation albums under the name.
In 2011, Kill the Noise produced and was featured on "Narcissistic Cannibal", and "Fuels the Comedy" from Korn's tenth studio album, The Path of Totality. "Narcissistic Cannibal" was released as a single on October 18, 2011, with the album following on December 6, 2011. On February 3, 2012, Stanczak took the stage with Korn to perform on Jimmy Kimmel Live!.
Kill the Noise has worked on multiple major film soundtracks, such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Zoolander 2 and XXX: The Return of Xander Cage. He released his remix of Zomboy's “Like a Bitch”, which appears on Zomboy's Neon Grave Remixed EP.
In 2017, Kill the Noise's collaboration with Skrillex and 12th Planet, "Right on Time", was remixed by bass DJs Not Sorry and Wild Boyz!. He collaborated with Madsonik and Tom Morello to release the single "Divebomb".
On February 13, 2018, a collaboration between Kill the Noise, Illenium and Mako, titled "Don't Give Up on Me", was released as a single via Proximity. The song was initially leaked in the Reddit community by fans who revealed the link to the then-unreleased version of the song that was published on Mako's YouTube channel.
- Occult Classic (2015)
- "Kill The Noise Is Bringing His Live Show Down Under In March & April". theMusic. February 11, 2017. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Brown, Lisa (28 March 2016). "Kill the Noise & Feed Me Reveal New Collaboration". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Lee, Valerie (23 May 2016). "Kill The Noise and Friends in The Lab LA". Mixmag. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Florino, Rick. "Live Review: Korn with special guest Kill The Noise – Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Artists Direct. Rogue Network. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- Bein, Kat (3 February 2017). "Kill the Noise Turns Up the Guitar on Zomboy's 'Like a Bitch': Exclusive". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- McGovern, Travis (2017-02-05). "The "Like A B*tch" Remix Fans Have Been Begging For Is Finally Here [LISTEN]". Your EDM. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Andrew Claps (2017-02-06). "Zomboy Unveils The Neon Grave Remix EP". Your EDM. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Makwana, Harsh (2017-02-02). "Skrillex, 12th Planet, Kill The Noise - Right On Time (not sorry & Wild Boyz! Remix) [Free Download] - The Bangin Beats". The Bangin Beats. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Talwar, Pia (2017-02-13). "Madsonik Releases Hot New Single, "Divebomb"". Noiseporn. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- Andrew Claps (2017-01-19). "Your EDM Exclusive: Madsonik Enlists Tom Morello & Kill The Noise For "Divebomb"". Your EDM. Retrieved 2017-02-14.
- George, Rachel (February 13, 2018). "Illenium & Kill The Noise Share Hauntingly Beautiful Record 'Don't Give Up On Me' Featuring Mako". Billboard. Retrieved February 15, 2018.