|Look up jackrabbit in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Jackrabbits are mammals in the same family as rabbits. All Jackrabbits are actually hares. The word jackrabbit comes from a book by Mark Twain, in which he describes the creature as a jackass rabbit, on account of the hare's ears looking as though they belonged to a donkey. Later on this term shortened to jackrabbit. The six species are:
- Antelope jackrabbit
- Black-tailed jackrabbit
- White-sided jackrabbit
- Tehuantepec jackrabbit
- Black jackrabbit
- White-tailed jackrabbit
Jack rabbit or Jackrabbit may also refer to:
- South Dakota State Jackrabbits, the athletic teams of South Dakota State University
- Jackrabbit Johannsen (1875–1987), athlete Herman Smith-Johannsen
- Jack Rabbit, erotic appliance Rabbit vibrator
- Jackrabbit Pass, Arizona wildlife-protection area
- "Jackrabbiting," rapid acceleration from a stopped position with a motor vehicle
- The Jack Rabbit Trading Post in Joseph City, Arizona
- A song from the album Have One On Me by Joanna Newsom
- Janoris Jenkins, an NFL cornerback who goes by the nickname "Jackrabbit"
- Jackrabbit (film), a 2015 American cyberpunk film
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Jackrabbit.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.