This article does not cite any sources. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jack DeLeon (December 19, 1924 – October 16, 2006) was an American actor. He is perhaps best known for playing Marty Morrison from 1975 to 1982 on the television detective sitcom Barney Miller, in a total of eight episodes. His character was proudly and overtly homosexual, groundbreaking for network television at the time. In the later episodes he was in a committed relationship with a male partner, which was respected by the detectives in the squad.
|Died||October 16, 2006 (aged 81)|
Between 1969 and 1990 he appeared on such network shows as Get Smart, That Girl, The Paul Lynde Show, The Rookies, Starsky and Hutch, Sanford and Son, Switch, CPO Sharkey, Too Close for Comfort, Archie Bunker’s Place, Laverne & Shirley, The Fall Guy, Night Court, Santa Barbara and Growing Pains. His film credits include Linda Lovelace for President (1975), I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now? (1975), The Choirboys (1977) and Little Miss Marker (1980). He voiced Sergeant Samuel McPherson in the 1977 Dr. Seuss animated television special Halloween Is Grinch Night. He was also the voice of Dwalin in the 1977 animated version of The Hobbit.
His interment was at Mount Sinai Memorial Park in Simi Valley, California.
- Linda Lovelace for President (1975) – Capt. Neldor
- Kitty Can't Help It (1975) – MacGregor
- Train Ride to Hollywood (1975) – News reporter
- I Wonder Who's Killing Her Now? (1975) – Doctor Binay
- The Hobbit (1977, TV Movie) – Dwalin / Fíli / Kíli / Óin / Glóin / Ori / Nori / Bifur / Bofur / Bert – Troll #2 / Goblin / Orc / Spiders / Wood Elves / Lake People (voice)
- The Choirboys (1977) – Quigley
- Little Miss Marker (1980) – Building Superintendent
- Uphill All the Way (1986) – Sam Osmond
- Valet Girls (1987) – Dirk Zebra
- Violent Zone (1989) – Charles Townsend
- Life Stinks (1991) – Pompous Party Guest
- Temptress (1995) – Brian Carlin
- Allyson Is Watching (1997) – Mr. Merry