Jack Allen (American football)
Jack Allen (born September 24, 1992) is an American football center who is currently a free agent. He played college football for Michigan State. His younger brother Brian Allen was the 111th overall pick in the fourth round of the 2018 NFL Draft by the Los Angeles Rams.
|Born:||September 24, 1992|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||296 lb (134 kg)|
|High school:||Hinsdale (IL) Central|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Early years and collegeEdit
Jack Allen attended Hinsdale Central High School in Hinsdale, Illinois. Jack was also a State Champion in wrestling while in high school. Jack received first-team Associated Press All-America honors in 2015 while playing for the Michigan State Spartans football team. That season,Jack even scored a touchdown on a hand-off against Penn State.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|32 1⁄4 in
|10 1⁄8 in
|5.29 s||4.73 s||7.90 s||8 ft 5 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
New Orleans SaintsEdit
On April 30, 2016, Jack Allen signed an undrafted free agent deal with the New Orleans Saints after going undrafted in the 2016 NFL Draft. On September 3, 2016, Jack was waived by the Saints and was signed to the practice squad. Jack was promoted to the active roster on December 10, 2016.
On August 23, 2017, Jack Allen was waived/injured by the Saints and placed on injured reserve.
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
- Michigan State's Brian Allen had good feeling L.A. Rams would draft him
- Ralph D. Russo, AP College Football Writer. "Michigan State's Jack Allen named AP first-team All-American". WXYZ.
- Kevin Trahan (November 28, 2015). "Michigan State's 296-pound center took a handoff and stiffarmed a defender like that's his job". SBNation.com. Vox Media.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Jack Allen". NFL.com.
- Jack Allen 'excited to prove myself' with Saints after going undrafted, Bob Narang, Pioneer Press, May 2, 2016.
- Gantt, Darin. "Saints cut Khalif Barnes, Travaris Cadet in getting roster to 53". NBCSports.com.
- "Saints Promote C Jack Allen To Active Roster". December 10, 2016.
- Erickson, Joel A. (August 23, 2017). "Saints sign Elijah Mitchell, waive Jack Allen with an injury". TheAdvocate.com.
- Williams, Charean (July 28, 2018). "Bears sign Jack Allen, waive Bunmi Rotimi". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports.
- "Bears waive OL Jack Allen, replace him with OL Kaleb Johnson". Bears Wire. USA Today. August 4, 2018.
- "Chiefs swap centers, waive Tejan Koroma and claim Jack Allen". Chiefs Wire. USA Today. August 5, 2018.
- "Jack Allen waived, Chiefs claim Ethan Cooper from Packers". Chiefs Wire. USA Today. August 7, 2018.
|This biographical article relating to an American football offensive lineman born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|