JLA: Created Equal
|JLA: Created Equal|
|Publisher||Elseworlds (DC Comics)|
|No. of issues||2|
|Written by||Fabian Nicieza|
A cosmic storm passes through the planet Earth, bringing with it a mysterious plague which nearly kills the entire male population (an event later referred to as the Fall). The only two men who survive are Superman and his archenemy Lex Luthor. Superman was immune to the plague due to his Kryptonian DNA, and Luthor had sealed himself away from the storm's radiation in his battle armor. The Earth's leaders elect the island of Themyscira as the new capitol of the world, and it is here that the next generation of male children will be raised. Superman and Lois Lane's son, Adam Kent, is the first newborn male since the storm hit, and more are born through Superman's DNA, granting them Kryptonian powers. However, Superman discovers that he might be a carrier of the plague, and exiles himself from the planet to spare his son's life. Fifteen years later, Luthor manipulates the male children of Themyscira to rise up against the female leaders of the world, and Superman must return to stop him, even if it means going against his own children.
- JLA: Created Equal at the Comic Book DB
- Michael Lum. "JLA: Created Equal #1 review". Superman Homepage. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- Michael Bond. "JLA: Created Equal review". Emerald Dawn. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- Mark Gillins (April 2000). "JLA: Created Equal Review". Fanzing. Retrieved 22 November 2011.
- Gareth Baker. "JLA: Created Equal #2 review". Superman Homepage. Retrieved 22 November 2011.