Izegrim is a metal band from Zutphen, Netherlands, founded in 1996 by guitarist Jeroen Wechgelaer (ex-Deluzion) and drummer Joep van Leeuwen (ex-Solstice). Wechgelaer is the only remaining original member.
|Genres||Thrash metal, death metal|
Bart van Ginkel
|Past members||Joep van Leeuwen|
Jeroen van Heuvelen
Izegrim was founded in 1996 in Zutphen by guitarist Jeroen Wechgelaer and drummer Joep van Leeuwen (Ränz). Joep invites Kristien Dros (Krisz) to the band as the lead singer, who drew attention by singing with a remarkable grunt. Initially the band experiments with keys too, but after the departure of Anita Luderer (Anita L.) the traditional band line-up (vocals, guitar, bass and drums) was re-assumed.
Drummer Joep is at that stage responsible for the lyrics, which are sung by vocalist Krisz. Guitarist Niels Donninger, who replaced Jeroen van Heuvelen after only a few months, received an offer to play with the band Goddess of Desire and he leaves Izegrim in 1999. He is then replaced for a short time by Corvin Keurhorst, to be replaced in turn by Carsten Altena in 2000. In 2004, bassist and backing vocalist Anita Borst quits. She is replaced for the same duties by Marloes Voskuil.
In 2005, guitarist Bart van Ginkel entered the band to replace Carsten. His fast, aggressive playing style and his ability to play fast, melodic solos enabled the band to grow to a more seasoned sound. When in 2008 drummer Joep is replaced by Ivo Maarhuis and the vocals are handed over form Kristien to bassist Marloes Voskuil, the band underwent his last significant metamorphosis. The lyrics get a different content and the members no longer use an alias to go by. This line-up provides the opportunity to give full priority to the band. Due to this, Izegrim starts to play more and bigger festivals, on both national and international stages, among which a European tour with the English Onslaught. In 2009, Izegrim records the EP "Point Of No Return", with which they get a contract with the French label Listenable Records. Under Listenable Records the band has thus far released three albums, "Code Of Consequences" (2011), "Congress of the Insane" (2013) and "The Ferryman's End" (2016).
- Jeroen Wechgelaer - rhythm guitar (1996–present)
- Marloes Voskuil - bass (2004–2018), lead vocals (2008–present)
- Bas Wijnbergen - bass (2018–present)
- Bart van Ginkel - lead guitar (2005–present)
- Ivo Maarhuis - drums (2008–present)
- Joep van Leeuwen - drums (1998–2008)
- Niels Donninger - lead guitar (1998–1999)
- Kristien Dros - lead vocals (1998–2008)
- Anita Borst - bass (1998–2004)
- Corvin Keurhorst - lead guitar (1999–2000)
- Carsten Altena - lead guitar (2000–2005)
- 2002: Guidelines for Genocide
- 2008: Tribute to Totalitarianism
- 2011: Code of Consequences
- 2013: Congress of the Insane
- 2016: The Ferryman's End
- 1999: Bird of Prey
- 2005: New World Order
- 2009: Point of No Return
- 2018: Beheaded By Trust
- 1998: Most Evil
- 2002: Izegrim