Ivar Vivahitharayal ? is a 2009 Malayalam language comedy drama film starring Jayasurya, Bhama, and Samvrutha Sunil in leading roles. The film is the directorial debut of Saji Surendran, who has been a television serial director.
|Ivar Vivahitharayal ?|
|Directed by||Saji Surendran|
|Produced by||S. Gopakumar|
|Written by||Krishna Poojappura|
|Music by||M. Jayachandran|
Vivek (Jayasurya) is getting his MBA from Pondicherry University. Even while as a student, he is eager is to get married as soon as he returns home after his studies. Vivek has a very close circle of four friends, with whom he discusses everything. Navya Nair appears in a cameo role in the film as his dream wife. Prominent among these friends is Treesa (Samvrutha Sunil). Treesa and other friends advise Vivek not to get married so early and until he finds a job, but Vivek had already made up his mind.
Vivek's parents, Adv. Ananthan Menon (Siddique) and Adv. Nandini (Rekha) live separated at adjacent flats in the same building. Vivek returns home during holidays and stays at each of his parents apartments on alternate days. He loves his parents very much and wishes to unite them. A spoiled brat, Vivek, is addressed as Anathutten by his father Ananthan and Nanthutten by his mother Nandini.
Suraj Venjarammoodu plays the role of Adv. Mannanthala Susheel Kumar, an assistant advocate to Adv. Ananthan Menon.
Vivek's encounter through a phone-in programme with Kavya aka Tinku (Bhama), a radio jockey, results in loss of her job. Some strange circumstances lead to Vivek and Kavya getting married, without realizing that they are the same people who clashed on the FM radio channel. Vivek assumed that Kavya was an orthodox and simple wife of his dreams, however, she turns out to be otherwise. Vivek discovers on the first night of their marriage, that he was the reason that Kavya lost her job at the FM station. Vivek decided to reveal the truth to Kavya some time in the future but he couldn't. Kavya gets rejected at other FM channels due the notorious happening at her previous FM station.
Vivek finds that he did not pass his MBA exam and a subsequent quarrel with his father, leads to him getting thrown out of his father's house. Vivek, now out of his own house, is without a job or money to survive. Treesa helps Vivek and Kavya rent a house next to Treesa's. Vivek finds difficult carrying out his responsibilities as an husband but he is in denial about that.
Kavya doubts Treesa's friendliness towards Vivek results in quarrels between them. She is also worried of Vivek's lack of responsibilities and care for her feelings. Kavya also discovers from Treesa that it was the because of Vivek, she had lost her earlier job. Kavya decides to leave for her own house. However, she promises to stay with him and Vivek's parents who are reunited now.
After a month, Vivek and Kavya file a joint divorce petition at the court. Vivek plans to leave for Dubai, but they discover their emotions towards each other at the end of the film and all is well now.
The movie had a dream run at the box office.
- Jayasurya as Vivek
- Bhama as Kavya
- Samvrutha Sunil as Treesa
- Siddique as Adv. Ananthan Menon
- Rekha as Adv. Nandini Ananthab
- Nedumudi Venu as Freddy Uncle
- Suraj Venjarammoodu as Adv. Mannanthala Susheel Kumar
- Devan as Treesa's father
- Baby Raihana as Annamma
- Kalaranjini as Lakshmi ,Kavya's mother
- Mallika Sukumaran as Treesa's mother
- Shaju as Broker
- Anoop Menon as Ajay Menon, manager of Club FM channel (Special Appearance)
- Suresh Krishna as manager of MIF Group (Special Appearance)
- Babu Swamy
- K. B. Ganesh Kumar as Freddy Uncle's son Jeevan (Cameo appearance)
- Navya Nair As Herself (Special Appearance)
Mahadevan Thampi is the still photographer of this movie.
- "Ivar Vivahitharayal is doing very well". Rediff.com. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- "Ivar Vivahitharayal Preview". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- "Ivar Vivahitharayal in pictures". Rediff.com. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- Moviebuzz (1 July 2009). "Jayasurya gets a solo hit!". Sify.
- Moviebuzz (2 January 2010). "2009- A Flashback!". Sify.
- "Angry Babies', a Malayalam rom-com". Gulf News. 24 July 2014.