Ivan Brandon (born 1976) is a writer/editor known for his work on titles such as DC Comics' Final Crisis Aftermath: Escape and Kobra and Marvel Comics' Secret Invasion. He is also the co-creator of Image Comics' Viking, The Cross Bronx, NYC Mech and the creator and producer of the Eisner-nominated anthology series 24Seven.
New York City
Brandon's earliest exposure to comics included Marvel Comics publications in the early 1980s, such as Daredevil, Spider-Man, X-Men, Iron Man and Secret Wars that were passed down to him from his older brother. He has named Bill Sienkiewicz's work on New Mutants and Frank Miller's work on Daredevil and Elektra as having had an influential impact on him.
April 2009 saw the debut of Brandon's Viking, an ongoing series from Image Comics about two young criminal brothers attempting to work their way up the criminal food chain based in the Viking age. Brandon has explained that he was inspired by period dramas such as Hiroaki Samura's Blade of the Immortal, and that the parallels he perceived between Viking history and organized crime inspired the series.
Brandon's other work includes freelance projects such as Ruule: Ganglords of Chinatown with Mike Hawthorne and Rick Remender, and creator-owned projects such The Cross Bronx, a supernatural crime story, produced with Michael Oeming, a project with Miles Gunter and Andy MacDonald called NYC Mech and a story with Becky Cloonan and others, called Self-Titled.
Brandon has also edited the anthology 24Seven. For DC Comics' 2011 company-wide title relaunch, The New 52, Brandon wrote Men of War, which lasted eight issues before its cancellation.
- Biography page at Ivan Brandon's official site
- Allen, Chris. "Breakdowns Extra -- Interview With "Terminator 3" Writer Ivan Brandon". Quick Stop Entertainment. Retrieved January 4, 2010.
- Brandon, Ivan (January 20, 2010). "Wikipedia". ivanbrandon.com.
- Bell, Drew (January 21, 2009). "Getting Into Viking with Ivan Brandon". Newsarama. Retrieved May 5, 2009.
- Sullivan, Michael Patrick (February 25, 2009). "Ivan Brandon Conquers Image with "Viking"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved May 5, 2009.
- Brady, Matt (March 13, 2009). "Getting Away from Electric City: Ivan Brandon on Escape". Newsarama. Retrieved March 14, 2009.
- Renaud, Jeffrey (March 13, 2009). "Ivan Brandon Siphons Secrets in "Escape"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved January 7, 2010.
- "DC Relaunch: Q&A with Men Of War's Ivan Brandon". Ace Comics. June 20, 2011. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- Manning, Shaun (June 29, 2011). "Brandon Enlists "Men of War"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- "IVAN BRANDON Talks MEN OF WAR @ NEW 52 NYC Premiere". Newsarama. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- Kushins, Josh (January 12, 2012). "DC Comics in 2012-–-Introducing the "Second Wave" of DC Comics The New 52". The Source. DC Comics. Archived from "second-wave"-of-dc-comics-the-new-52/ the original on January 14, 2012. Retrieved January 14, 2012.