International Professional Rodeo Association
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Professional Rodeo Association (IPRA) is the second-largest American rodeo organization in the world. It sanctions rodeos in the United States and Canada, with members from said countries, as well as others. Its championship event is the International Finals Rodeo (IFR), held every January.
|Countries|| United States|
|Ty Parkinson, All-Around|
The association was originally named the International Rodeo Association (IRA) and, in 1957, it named their first world champion. It was the first to recognize cowgirl barrel racing as a championship event. In 1964, it created a Board of Governors, which consisted of performers, producers, fans, contestants, and contractors. In 1983, it was renamed the International Professional Rodeo Association (IPRA). In 1990, the association signed a deal with the Oklahoma City All Sports Association to hold the IFR at the Myriad Convention Center, where it stayed until 1997. The IFR stayed in Oklahoma City until moving to Guthrie, Oklahoma’s Lazy E Arena in 2020.
The IPRA has been sanctioning rodeos for over 50 years in cities of all sizes. It sanctions almost 300 rodeos throughout the country, making it the second largest organization in the sport. The association is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Montana Silversmiths partners with the IPRA and provides their belt buckles and is recognized as the "Official Silversmiths of the IPRA." The IPRA is registered on Bloomberg. The IPRA announced in August 28, 2019, that the IFR will now be held at the Lazy E Arena in Guthrie, Oklahoma.
- Bareback bronc riding
- Breakaway roping
- Steer wrestling
- Team roping
- Saddle bronc riding
- Tie-down roping
- Barrel racing
- Bull riding
- Lists of rodeo performers
- Bull Riding Hall of Fame
- Professional Bull Riders
- Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame
- American Bucking Bull
- Bull Riders Only
- Championship Bull Riding
- Professional Roughstock Series
- Women's Professional Rodeo Association
- Canadian Professional Rodeo Association
- Lupine, Gideon (March 25, 2016). "What Is The International Professional Rodeo Association (IPRA)?". Cowboy Lifestyle Network. Retrieved 21 January 2018.
- "History of the IPRA | The International Professional Rodeo Association". International Professional Rodeo Association. www.ipra-rodeo.com. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- "About the IPRA | The International Professional Rodeo Association". www.ipra-rodeo.com. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "IPRA | Montana Silversmiths". www.montanasilversmiths.com. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "International Professional Rodeo Association Inc/The: Company Profile". Bloomberg. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "IFR | International Finals Rodeo". IPRA Rodeo. Retrieved January 6, 2020.
- "2017 World Standings" (PDF). International Professional Rodeo Association. www.ipra-rodeo.com. Retrieved February 1, 2018.