|International Day of Cooperatives|
|Observed by||Cooperatives all over the world|
|Celebrations||Multiple world wide events|
|Date||First Saturday in July|
|2022 date||July 2|
|2023 date||July 1|
|2024 date||July 6|
|2025 date||July 5|
|Related to||International Co-operative Alliance|
On December 16, 1992, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed in resolution 47/90 "the first Saturday of July 1995 to be International Day of Cooperatives, marking the centenary of the establishment of the International Cooperative Alliance." Since 1995 the United Nations' International Day of Cooperatives has been observed jointly alongside International Cooperative Day.
Cooperatives around the world celebrate the day in various fashions and each year the organising institutions agree on a theme for the celebrations. The 2010 theme was Cooperative Enterprise Empowers Women, to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the Beijing Platform for Action.
Previous years' themes Edit
- 2023 Cooperatives for sustainable development
- 2022 Cooperatives Build a Better World
- 2021: Rebuild better together
- 2020: Cooperatives For Climate Action
- 2019: COOPS 4 DECENT WORK
- 2018: Sustainable consumption and production
- 2017: Cooperatives ensure no one is left behind
- 2016: Cooperatives: The power to act for a sustainable future.
- 2015: Choose cooperatives, choose equality
- 2014: Cooperative enterprises achieve sustainable development for all.
- 2013: Cooperative enterprise remains strong in time of crisis.
- 2012: Cooperative enterprises build a better world.
- 2011: Youth, the future of co-operative enterprise
- 2010: Cooperative Enterprise Empowers Women
- 2009: Driving Recovery through Cooperative Enterprise
- 2008: Confronting Climate Change through Cooperative Enterprise
- 2007 Cooperative Values and Principles for Corporate Social responsibility
- 2006 Peace-building through Cooperatives
- 2005: Microfinance is OUR business! Cooperating out of poverty
- 2004: Cooperatives for Fair Globalisation: Creating Opportunities for All
- 2003: Cooperatives Make Development Happen!: The contribution of co-operatives to the United Nations Millennium Development Goals
- 2002: Society and Cooperatives: Concern for Community
- 2001: The Cooperative Advantage in the Third Millennium
- 2000: Cooperatives and Employment Promotion
- 1999: Public Policy and Cooperative Legislation
- 1998: Cooperatives and the Globalization of the Economy
- 1997: The Cooperative Contribution to World Food Security
- 1996: Cooperative Enterprise: Empowerment for People-centred Sustainable Development
- 1995: The ICA Centennial and the Next 100 Years of International Cooperation
- International Day of Cooperatives.[permanent dead link] United Nations.
- Kavan, Jan. International Day of Cooperatives: "Cooperatives Make Development Happen!" President of the UN General Assembly. 5 July 2003.
- 88th International Cooperative Alliance International Cooperative Day. Manila Bulletin. 2 July 2010.
- "2021 Theme". International day of cooperatives. 29 June 2021. Retrieved 29 June 2021.
- "International Co-operative Day 2020: Learn Its Date, Theme and Significance". News18. 4 July 2020. Retrieved 6 July 2020.
- International Day Of Cooperative, Theme Archived 15 April 2019 at the Wayback Machine EverGalax 15/4/2019.
- 15th United Nations International Day of Cooperatives: "Driving global recovery through cooperative enterprise." Archived 2010-03-29 at the Wayback Machine Food and Agriculture Organization /International Labour Organization. 7 July 2009.
- 86th ICA International Cooperative Day. Archived 2009-06-30 at the Wayback Machine Cooperatives Europe. 5 July 2008.
- Mathes, Rohan. Co-operatives must go global - PM. Archived 2008-09-16 at the Wayback Machine Sri Lanka Daily News. 6 September 2008.
- International Day of Cooperatives to Highlight Corporate Social Responsibility. United Nations press release.
- Somavía, Juan. Peace-building through Cooperatives. Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine Committee for the Promotion and Advancement of Cooperatives. 2006.
- Panel Discussion on Cooperatives, Microfinance to mark International Day of Cooperatives, 23 June. Archived 5 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine Newswire.
- International Day of Cooperatives promotes Fair Globalisation. Archived 2011-07-22 at the Wayback Machine Agra. 3 July 2004.
- Menya, Davis. Co-op day this weekend. Kenya Broadcasting Corporation. 1 July 2004.
- UNAG organises peace walk. GhanaWeb. 1 July 2003.
- Panel on "Society and Cooperatives: Concern for Community." Social Perspective on Development Branch.
- 79th ICA International Co-operative Day, 7th UN International Day of Cooperatives. Archived 2010-09-19 at the Wayback Machine International Co-operative Alliance. 7 July 2001.
- 78th ICA International Co-operative Day, 6th UN International Day of Cooperatives. Archived 2006-09-26 at the Wayback Machine International Co-operative Alliance. 1 July 2000.
- Public Policy and Co-operative Legislation. Archived 2011-07-18 at the Wayback Machine National Co-op Update. No. 22 July/August 1999.
- Annan, Kofi. Secretary-General's Message for International Day of Cooperatives. United Nations. 2 July 1998.
- Planning Underway for 2005 International Co-operatives Day. Archived 2010-12-31 at the Wayback Machine International Co-operative Alliance. 25 October 2004.