Interlude (1968 film)
|Directed by||Kevin Billington|
|Music by||Georges Delerue|
|Edited by||Bert Bates|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Box office||$1,600,000 (US/ Canada)|
A famous conductor gives an interview to a pretty young reporter. He speaks a bit too frankly and finds he's given himself an unwanted sabbatical from conducting. He begins an affair with the young reporter during his interlude, and the accumulation of differences in their ages and background begins to mount.
- Oskar Werner as Stefan Zelter
- Barbara Ferris as Sally
- Virginia Maskell as Antonia
- Donald Sutherland as Lawrence
- Nora Swinburne as Mary
- Alan Webb as Andrew
- Bernard Kay as George Selworth
- Geraldine Sherman as Natalie
- Gino Melvazzi as Mario
- Muguette De Braie as Mario's Wife
- Robert Lang as Humphrey Turnbull
- Roslyn DeWinter as Humphrey's Secretary
- Janet Davies as Nanny
- John Cleese has one of his first film roles as a colleague of the heroine
- Derek Jacobi plays Paul in what was only his second feature film role.
- Interlude (1957)
- "Big Rental Films of 1968", Variety, 8 January 1969 p 15. Please note this figure is a rental accruing to distributors.