Inside Out (2002 TV programme)
Inside Out is the brand name for a number of regional television programmes in England broadcast on BBC One. Each series, made by a BBC region, focuses on stories from the local area. Commissioned by BBC One controller Lorraine Heggessey, the programme began on 9 September 2002 and replaced a number of different titles previously used on BBC Two.
|Genre||News, current affairs|
|Country of origin||England|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||9 September 2002– present|
|Related shows||BBC Scotland Investigates (1993)|
- Inside Out London – Presented by Sean Fletcher
- Inside Out South East – Presented by Natalie Graham
- Inside Out South – Presented by Jon Cuthill
- Inside Out South West – Presented by Jemma Woodman
- Inside Out West – Presented by Alastair McKee
- Inside Out West Midlands – Presented by Ayo Akinwolere
- Inside Out North West – Presented by Jacey Normand
- Inside Out North East & Cumbria – Presented by Chris Jackson
- Inside Out Yorkshire & Lincolnshire – Presented by Keeley Donovan (September 2017–present)
- Inside Out East Midlands – Presented by Lukwesa Burak.
- Inside Out East – Presented by David Whiteley
- Inside Out Channel Islands – began early 2012
- Inside Out England – Presented by Lukwesa Burak
Inside Out England shows selected stories from the regional programmes and is shown across England which is hosted by Matthew Wright. But this was relaunched in 2016 as Inside Out as a weekly round up on the BBC News channel with Lukwesa Burak now presenting.
A programme was filmed in December 2009 and only shown in February 2010. A debate followed as to whether the BBC should have told the police before the programme aired. The BBC was also accused of promoting assisted suicide.
In January 2013, the writer and presenter Chris Geiger investigated a self-styled spiritual healer who claimed to be able to treat cancer using a special diet. Chris Geiger, a cancer survivor himself, used a hidden camera and posed as a client; again this programme provoked widespread debate.
- BBC Scotland Investigates (1993)
- a A different region is selected each week for broadcast on BBC One HD.
- "Regional current affairs move to BBC ONE - Inside Out launches on 9 September". BBC Press Office. 30 August 2002. Retrieved 9 January 2010.
- "BBC - Chris Jackson Presenter profile".
- "BBC - Keeley Donovan to host regional BBC current affairs programme, Inside Out in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Media Centre". BBC.
- Blake, Heidi (22 February 2010). "BBC accused of 'incredibly zealous' campaign to promote assisted suicide". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 24 February 2010.
- "I wrote the book on surviving cancer ; Irish Examiner". Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Home of cancer claim spiritual healer attacked". Gloucestershire Echo. 18 January 2013. Retrieved 11 February 2013.
- "Chris Geiger: I went undercover to expose cancer claims". BBC. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Spiritual healer advised 'cancer sufferer' to drink cabbage juice". The Daily Telegraph. 14 January 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2013.