This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Johansen was born in Gjerpen to an electrician and a homemaker. He took the siv.ing. degree, and in 1957 the dr.techn. degree. From 1959 to 1985 he was professor of high voltage technology at the Norwegian Institute of Technology. From 1975 he was the deputy rector, from 1976-84 he served as rector, and from 1985-89 was the director of the NTNF. In 1990, he returned to academia as a professor of elkraftteknikk. He chaired the Statoil board from 1984 to 1987, but resigned together with the rest of the board members after they lost control over spending in the Mongstad project.
- "Energi og Etikk -Etiske perspektiver på elforsyning", Forlaget Press, 2006
- Mikkelsen, Solveig (5 December 2018). "Tidligere NTH-rektor Inge Johansen er død". Universitetsavisa.no. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Henriksen, Petter, ed. (2007). "Inge Johannes Tjernes Johansen". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Kunnskapsforlaget. Retrieved 7 April 2009.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 March 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2010.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Brochure : General Information to BE Program Applicants" (PDF). Ku.edu.np. 2010. Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- Inge Johansen at NTNU.no
- Inge Johansen, DVD interview (University Library of Trondheim, Dorabiblioteket)
| Rector of the Norwegian Institute of Technology
| Chair of Statoil
Jan Erik Langangen