Infratest dimap is a German institute and company from Berlin that offers psephological and political research. It is well known in Germany for publishing the ARD-Deutschlandtrend poll. The poll is released monthly on behalf of public broadcaster ARD. Infratest dimap is also known for extrapolations and projections on election nights in Germany, including federal elections.
The institute was formed in 1996 out of Infratest Burke Berlin, which was founded in 1990 by TNS Infratest, and the Bonn based institute for market and political research, dimap. TNS Infratest holds 74 percent, dimap 26 percent of the shares. It has 25 employees, but for polls and election nights up to 1,200 freelancers are added.
Media and receptionEdit
Infratest dimap cooperates since 1997 with ARD news magazines such as Tagesschau. Its polls are well-received throughout German newsmedia. Political magazine Cicero criticized Infratest dimap for inaccurate analyses of swing voters and non-voters. It accused the institute of using a "principle McDimap".
- Klaus Wolf: Meinungsforschungsinstitute in der Wahlumfrageberichterstattung, Diss. Hohenheim 2007, p.17, ISBN 978-3-8366-0807-7
- Über uns - infratest dimap
- Rot und Schwarz klar im Minus, Tagesschau.de, in German
- Hier gibt es für fehlerhafte Analysen noch Boni obendrauf, Cicero, in German
- Alle Nachrichten und Informationen der F.A.Z. zum Thema Infratest dimap, Frankfurter Allgemeine, in German
- Anschlag von Paris wirkt sich nicht auf Terrorangst aus, Die Zeit, in German
- Official page of Infratest dimap