Independent University, Bangladesh
Independent University, Bangladesh (Bengali: ইন্ডিপেন্ডেন্ট বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়) or IUB is a university in Bangladesh. Its permanent campus is in Bashundhara R/A, Dhaka.Its business school has received Ameriacn accreditation from ACBSP. The university was established in 1993 by the Private University Act, 1992.
|Motto||Teacheth Man That Which He Knew Not
(The motto is taken from the fifth verse of Sura Alak of the Quran)
|Chancellor||President Abdul Hamid|
|Vice-Chancellor||Mohammed Omar Ejaz Rahman|
|180 (full-time faculty), 76 (adjunct faculty). Total – 256|
|Students||More than 5,500 undergraduate and graduate students|
|Location||Bashundhara, Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|Campus||Plot 16, Block B, Aftabuddin Ahmed Road, Bashundhara R/A, 1229 Dhaka, Bangladesh.|
|Colors||Blue and Saffron|
- School of Business
- School of Public Health
- School of Communication
- School of Environmental Science & Management
- School of Liberal Arts & Social Science
- School of Business & Technology
- School of Engineering & Computer Science
- Faculty of Life Science
- Faculty of Law
School of BusinessEdit
The school offers an undergraduate Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree. Available areas of concentration are accounting, finance, general management, human resource management, international business, management information systems, and marketing.
The school offers an MBA degree. Students are allowed up to five years from the date of initial enrollment to complete the degree requirements. It is possible to finish the program within five semesters by taking the maximum course load, or within three semesters if students have waivers or transfer courses. Available areas of concentration are: banking, finance, human resources management, and marketing.
Independent Business Review (IBR) is the official journal of the School of Business. It was established in 2008, and is published bi-annually. It accepts papers about application of theory to real life business administration or management activities.
- Private University Act, 1992, archived from the original on 2003-04-25, retrieved 2007-06-17
- IUB at a glance, Information about the University, retrieved 2015-08-30
- "Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)" (PDF). School of Business. Independent University, Bangladesh.
- "Master of Business Administration (MBA)" (PDF). School of Business. Independent University, Bangladesh.