|Categories||Celebrity, human interest, news|
|First issue||June 1994|
Along with advertising, the magazine offers articles about content such as beauty, fashion, home, entertaining, philanthropy and celebrity lifestyles. The current editor-in-chief is Laura Brown, and the publisher is Laura Frerer-Schmidt.
After originating in the United States, InStyle has expanded their brand and, as of 2012, distributes internationally to over 16 countries including Australia, Germany, Brazil, Greece, South Korea, Spain, Russia, Turkey, South Africa, Romania, and Russia. In May 2017, InStyle China was launched as part of a partnership with an existing weekly magazine, which featured Victoria Beckham on its inaugural cover. In 2018, the UK edition shifted from paper to digital version, and the Polish edition was cancelled after 10 years of publication.
In 2018, InStyle became the first major fashion magazine to ban photography of and advertisements featuring fur.
In 2016, Laura Brown, a former executive editor of Harper's Bazaar, was announced as the new Editor-in-Chief, taking over for Ariel Foxman, who had been managing editor for eight years. Brown's first issue was December 2016.
- "Consumer Magazines". Alliance for Audited Media. Retrieved February 10, 2014.
- Rose, Matthew (June 7, 2000). "'Real Simple' Magazine was Anything but for Time Inc". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 12, 2015.
- "InStyle Magazine". Magazine Agent. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- "InStyle". Pacific Magazines, Inc. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "About". InStyle Magazine (Australia). Pacific Magazines, Inc. Archived from the original on May 10, 2012. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Simona Patruleasa, InStyle Romania, July 2012". Magxone.com. July 23, 2012. Archived from the original on March 11, 2013. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "InStyle expands to China". Womne's Wear Daily. May 3, 2017. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- "Burda zamyka „InStyle" i skupia się na „Elle", „Glamour" i „Gali"" (in Polish). Retrieved 2018-11-28.
- Taylor Harris, "InStyle Bans Fur," FashionWeekDaily.com, 3 April 2018.
- Steigrad, Alexandra (August 22, 2016). "Harper's Bazaar's Laura Brown Named InStyle Editor in Chief". WWD.com. Penske Media Corporation. Retrieved July 25, 2017.
Brown most recently served as Harper's Bazaar's features and special projects and executive director.