Iman Mutlaq (Arabic: إيمان مطلق) is a Jordanian entrepreneur, businesswoman, financier and social activist. She is the founder and President of multinational financial companies; Sigma Investments Group and INGOT Group.
|Education||MBA in Finance |
(New York Institute of Technology)
|Title||Sigma Investments Group|
Founder and CEO
Director of Global Alliance Partners
President of International Association for Human Values, Jordan
Founder of 8x8 Women, Jordan
She received a number of awards for her businesses, activism, and achievements in the finance industry, in addition to receiving multiple recognitions for her humanitarian efforts, such as being appointed as a UN goodwill Ambassador.
Forbes named her one of the most powerful businesswomen in the Middle East, one of the top women leading top companies in the Middle East, and one of the 100 most powerful Arab businesswomen.
Early life edit
Mutlaq was born in 1966 in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Until age 13, Mutlaq lived in Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, with her mother and sister following her father's passing when she was six years old. Since her early days as a teenager, Mutlaq wanted to be a businesswoman, so she started her first business when she was only 14 years old. 
Personal life edit
Mutlaq raised her two sons as a single mother after her divorce at the age of twenty four.
Mutlaq established her export-import business at the age of eighteen and then entered the financial industry at the age of 27 covering the regions of Middle East and North Africa. She is currently managing Jordan based Sigma Investments.
She directs Ingot Consultation Bahrain, a financial services provider since 2015 focusing in the MENA region; and enables trading on global currencies and precious metals, and also helps clients reach foreign exchange markets.
She is involved in angel investing in projects which enhance women's creativity and ideas. She is also targeting applications for mobile devices through her startup, Dreamtech since 2015.
Activism and women's empowerment edit
Participant at the inaugural US Presidential Summit on Entrepreneurship invited by The Obama Administration in 2010; she met Hillary Clinton and Richard Holbrooke there and discussed issues affecting women in Afghanistan and across the Middle East.
Sigma Investments Group edit
Sigma Investments and Ingot are members of the three member consortium which signed cooperation protocol with Egyptian government to establish a US$35–50m worth electronic Egyptian Commodities Exchange in Egypt as the first ever country in the MENA region; it will facilitate the well being of the small farmers and supply of products at reasonable prices abolishing the monopoly of goods.
Achievements and awards edit
- ’Outstanding Woman Financial Innovation Leader in Middle East’ at the ‘Asian Digital Finance Forum and Awards’ in 2022.
- Forbes magazine's Middle East edition, published in 2020 ranked Iman Mutlaq to 30th position in a list of "Power Businesswomen in The Middle East 2020”.
- Forbes magazine's Middle East edition, published in 2019 ranked Iman Mutlaq to 18th position in a list of "Women Leading Top Companies in the Middle East”.
- Forbes magazine's Middle East edition, published in 2016, 2017 and 2018 ranked Iman Mutlaq to 32nd, 41st and 38th positions respectively in a list of "The 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen."
- Keynote Speaker at the first "Asia-Pacific Executives Forum" which was held at Hilton Hotel in Sri Lanka in 2017.
- Best Woman in the Corporate Sector at the AmCham MENA Council Women in Business Awards in 2016.
- Global Alliance Partners, a network of financial entities has elected Iman as the first female director at its Conference in New York City in 2016.
- Jordan's Top Businesswomen in 2015.
- Iman has been appointed "Goodwill Ambassador for Human Rights and Peace" in Jordan in 2014.
- "UAE expats among 100 most Influential women in Middle East". gulfnews.com. Retrieved March 14, 2022.
- "Jordan's Top Businesswomen: Iman Mutlaq". Venture Magazine. March 9, 2015. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Jordan Business Unveils 10 Most Powerful Jordanian Women". Jordan Business. August 2014. Archived from the original on December 21, 2016. Retrieved October 18, 2015.
- "Ingot Brokers introduces services in Sri Lanka". Daily FT. December 9, 2016. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- "24 Jordanians to climb Mount Kilimanjaro to support cancer centre". The Jordan Times. August 18, 2013. Archived from the original on December 20, 2014. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "King Hussein Cancer Foundation and Center Announces the Launch of a New Initiative to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro, the Roof of Africa". King Hussein Cancer Foundation. August 18, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "The Advancing Career Women Project (ACWP)". The International Association for Human Values. Retrieved December 3, 2014.
- "Global consortium to inject $50m in Egypt commodity exchange". MUBASHER. November 26, 2015. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Egypt signs protocol to establish commodities exchanges". The Cairo Post. November 26, 2015. Retrieved November 30, 2015.
- "Breaking barriers: six Arab women shaping the crypto scene". KAWA. February 10, 2023. Retrieved February 19, 2023.
- "AFTA holds Asian Digital Finance Forum and Awards". Daily FT. March 21, 2022. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- "'Asian Digital Finance Forum & Awards' held in Colombo". Daily News (Sri Lanka). March 21, 2022. Retrieved May 16, 2022.
- "Power Businesswomen in The Middle East 2020". Forbes(Middle East). Retrieved February 4, 2020.
- "Women Leading Top Companies in the Middle East". Forbes(Middle East). August 7, 2019. Retrieved September 22, 2019.
- "The 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen". Forbes(Middle East). 2016. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "The Top 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen 2017". Forbes(Middle East). 2017. Retrieved July 19, 2017.
- "The Top 100 Most Powerful Arab Businesswomen 2018". Forbes(Middle East). 2018. Retrieved October 6, 2018.
- "Minister Dr. Amunugama Chief Guest at First Asia-Pacific Executives Forum". Lake House. December 7, 2017. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- "Asia-Pacific Executives Forum held at Hilton Colombo". Wijeya Newspapers. December 7, 2017. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- "AmCham Bahrain Women in Business Awards". News of Bahrain. March 25, 2016. Retrieved October 26, 2016.
- "Women take center stage at AmCham MENA Council Women in Business Awards". Gulf News Journal. March 27, 2016. Retrieved October 26, 2016.