Ike Okoli (born March 23, 1988) from Cayce, South Carolina is a beach wrestler who is a 3x U.S. Beach Wrestling Nationals/ World Team Trials champion at +90 kg. Winning in 2013 2014 and 2015 At the 2014 FILA (now known as the UWW or United World Wrestling) Beach World Championships in Katerini, Greece where he earn the bronze medal as a member of the USA World Beach Team with a record of 4 - 1. Okoli was the only world beach medalist of the U.S. delegation in 2014 after suffering travel delays due to inclement weather.
|Born||March 23, 1988|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|College team||University of South Carolina (NCWA)|
In 2015, Okoli won gold in the first UWW Pan American Beach Wrestling Championship, where he beat an opponent from Colombia in a best-of three series. Okoli won in two straight matches by 3-0 margins, he was the only U.S. athlete entered in the competition, which featured athletes from Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela and the United States. Okoli is of Nigerian descent.
Okoli wrestled at Brookland-Cayce High School in Cayce, South Carolina. He later became a 2x NCWA All American for the University of South Carolina. In 2013, Okoli help South Carolina to a 2nd-place finish behind the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the NCWA Division II National Team Standings
- U.S. Army Cadet Command (ROTC) - Posts | Facebook Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- Immel, Richard. "14 wrestlers qualify for Worlds". USA Wrestling.
- Abbott, Gary. "World medalist Okoli repeats as Beach Nationals champion with record field at Carolina Beach, N.C."
- Davidson, Rusty. "Ike Okoli of the USA wins bronze medal as Greece dominates Beach Worlds". USA Wrestling.
- Abbott, Gary. "Okoli wins gold at first Pan American Beach Championships held in Colombia".
- Farrell, Scott. "NCWA National Championship Notes & Preview". The Open Mat.
- Farrell, Scott. "Cal Baptist wins second NCWA title in three years". InterMat Wrestling.