If (If album)
If, often referred to as If 1, is the eponymous debut album by the English Jazz rock band If. It was released in October 1970 on the Island Records label in the UK and Capitol Records in the US. The original artwork and the if logo, which was an award-winning design, were by CCS Advertising Associates.
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||February, March and April 1970|
|Studio||Island Studios, London|
It was re-issued as a CD first in 1995 by an obscure label (OSA), then in 1997 by Island and finally in 2006 on Repertoire Records with two bonus tracks and liner notes by UK music critic Chris Welch.
- "I'm Reaching Out on All Sides" (Quincy, Fishman) – 5:14
- "What Did I Say About the Box, Jack?" (Dick Morrissey) – 8:20
- "What Can a Friend Say?" (Dave Quincy) – 6:28
- "Woman Can You See (What This Big Thing Is All About)" (J. W. Hodkinson) – 4:01
- "Raise the Level of Your Conscious Mind" (Fishman, Marsala) – 3:11
- "Dockland" (Daryl Runswick) – 5:21
- "The Promised Land" (Dave Quincy) – 4:31
Bonus tracks on the Repertoire issueEdit
- "Raise the Level of Your Conscious Mind" (single version) (Fishman, Marsala) – 3:17
- "I'm Reaching Out on All Sides" (single version) (Quincy, Fishman) – 5:44