Ice skating in India
Ice skating is popular in North India in places like Ladakh, Kashmir and Shimla where cold weather occurs and it is possible to skate outdoors. Much of India has a tropical climate, hence in the rest of the country, ice skating is limited to the few artificial rinks available. An ice skating festival is organised in Shimla every year.
|Ice skating in India|
|Governing body||Ice Skating Association of India|
Indoor ice rinks in IndiaEdit
Indoor ice skating rinks are present in the following places:
- Doon Ice Skating Rink 60m x 30m Olympic size has a seating capacity of 3000. Located at Maharana Pratap Sports Complex, Raipur, Dehradun.
- Essel World, Mumbai (Near Borivali).
- iSKATE located on 6th floor of Ambience Mall, Gurgaon.
- Neptune Magnet Mall, Lower Powai, L.B.S. Marg, Bhandup (W), Mumbai.
- Atria the millennium mall, Dr Annie Besant Rd, Worli, Mumbai.
- Sparkys Ice Skating at Lulu international shopping mall, Edappally, Kochi.
Outdoor ice rinks in IndiaEdit
- "India's first artificial ice-skating rink opens in Bangalore : YOUR WEEK - India Today 18062001". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2001-06-18. Retrieved 2016-10-15.