I Won't Hold You Back
"I Won't Hold You Back" is a song by American rock band Toto, written and sung by Steve Lukather for their fourth album, Toto IV, released in 1983 (see 1983 in music). The song features the Eagles' bass player Timothy B. Schmit on backing vocals during the choruses.
|"I Won't Hold You Back"|
|Single by Toto|
|from the album Toto IV|
|Released||March 12, 1983|
|Toto singles chronology|
The power ballad peaked at number 10 in the US on the Billboard Hot 100 chart on May 7, 1983 and spent three weeks at number one on the U.S. Adult Contemporary chart. The single only managed to scrape into the top 40 on the UK Singles Chart. In Canada it peaked at number 17 on RPM Magazine Top Singles chart, as well as reaching #1 on the Adult Contemporary chart. It also peaked at number 11 in Ireland.
- Steve Lukather – lead and backing vocals, guitars, piano
- David Paich – piano, orchestral arrangements
- Steve Porcaro – synthesizer
- David Hungate – bass
- Jeff Porcaro – drums, percussion
|Year-end chart (1983)||Rank|
|US Top Pop Singles (Billboard)||69|
- "The 40 Greatest Power Ballads".
- Whitburn, Joel (1996). The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 6th Edition (Billboard Publications)
- RPM Adult Contemporary, May 21, 1983
- "Talent Almanac 1984: Top Pop Singles". Billboard. Vol. 95 no. 52. December 24, 1983. p. TA-18.
- "All the No. 1's – Another Chance". The Official UK Charts Company. Archived from the original on August 14, 2007. Retrieved September 30, 2007.
|This 1980s rock song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|