A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hypebeast Ltd. is a Hong Kong-based digital media media company that focuses on youth culture. Originally known for the online magazine HYPEBEAST, the company was founded as a sneaker blog by Kevin Ma in 2005, and has since expanded to become a major online magazine, and later into the company Hypebeast Ltd.
|Industry||Digital media, street fashion, pop culture, and others|
Number of employees
The company's digital platform HYPEBEAST became by c. 2020 "a leading source of news" and one of the "pre-eminent" streetwear guides. The magazine covers fashion, music, pop culture, lifestyle, and various other topics.
In 2005, Kevin Ma founded HYPEBEAST as a sneaker blog while he was a student in Vancouver, Canada. Print issues of HYPEBEAST Magazine debuted in 2012. Since then, Ma's business has expanded to include various other websites, including HYPEBAE, hypekids, and Popbee. In 2008, Popbee, a digital media property aimed at contemporary Asian women, was launched. HBX, a commerce store, was launched in 2012. Over the past decade, Hypebeast Ltd. has expanded to cover many other niches, including digital media, e-commerce, and creative services.
The Japanese subsidiary of HYPEBEAST opened in 2019.
- Zax, David (Feb 27, 2012). "Fast Talk: How This "Sneakerhead" Built A Major Online Magazine". Digiday. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Patty Huntington (February 20, 2019). "How Hypebeast went from a sneaker blog to global streetwear force". South China Morning Post. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
- Bain, Mark (May 22, 2019). "Streetwear is what happens to fashion when consumers start dictating the terms". Quartz. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Biron, Bethany (May 4, 2016). "Sneakers and 'featured hotties': A guide to streetwear media". Digiday. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Engvall, Nick (Oct 29, 2015). "The 25 Best Sneaker Blogs Right Now". Complex. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Bromwich, Jonah Engel (2018-09-12). "If You Hype It, Will They Come?". The New York Times. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- "Se vuole sopravvivere, la moda deve diventare sostenibile". Esquire. 2018-11-15. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Ap, Tiffany (February 12, 2018). "Hypebeast Ltd. Stock Surges 45 Percent on Third-Quarter Results". WWD. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Ortved, John (Oct 12, 2018). "What 9 Hypebeasts Wore to Hypefest". The New York Times. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Penny, Daniel (October 17, 2018). "Gucci Mane Among the Hypebeasts". The New Yorker. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- "Hypemaker". Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- "Crocs, KFC's new partnership is 'deep-fried' footwear". Free Malaysia Today. February 14, 2020. Retrieved April 5, 2020.
- Ap, Tiffany (March 14, 2019). "Hypebeast to Debut Japan Subsidiary Led by Akihiro Wajima". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved April 5, 2020 – via Yahoo! Finance.