Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hyatt Regency Kathmandu is an urban five-star resort located near Boudhanath Stupa, a UNESCO world heritage site, in Kathmandu, Nepal. The hotel opened on 27 September 2000 is built on 37 acres of land. It is a full service hotel and the only Hyatt brand property in Nepal under the Hyatt Regency portfolio.
|Hyatt Regency Kathmandu|
|Address||P.O Box 9609, Taragaon, Boudha, Kathmandu, Nepal|
|Opening||27 September 2000|
|Management||Global Hyatt Corporation|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||P.G. Patki Architects Pvt Ltd|
|Number of rooms||280|
|Number of suites||7|
The construction of the hotel started in 1997 on a 37-acre site and the completed building cost NPR 5,000 million. The hotel is designed in the traditional Newari style of Nepalese architecture, is owned by Taragaon Regency Hotels Ltd and managed by Hyatt. It was opened on 27 September 2000 and inaugurated by His Late Majesty, King Birendra Bir Bikram Shahdev.
The hotel has 280 guest rooms, including eight suites, all with contemporary facilities. These guest rooms are among the largest in Kathmandu, with minimum area of 36 square metres. The entrance of the hotel is designed keeping in mind the culture of Nepal.
The hotel has acted as a venue for events and conferences such as UN, UMN, Save the Children, UNICEF ROSA, UNICEF, PSI Nepal, Care International Nepal, GTZ Nepal, UN Habitat, Mercy Corps USA, OXFAM, The Micronutrient Initiative, and Water Aid.
- Kathmandu Nightlife, worldtravelguide.net
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2011 TGIF Nepal Fashion Week 2011, Current News Nepal
- HOTEL HYATT REGENCY Serene Luxury in Traditional Nepali Setting, spacesnepal.com
- 4 February 2012 Hyatt Regency’s Joshi awarded HR Manager of the Year, Kantipur, The Kathmandu Post
- 12 July 2010 Experience Luxury to the Hilt at Hyatt Regency, ECS Nepal
- By Evangeline Neve Kathmandu’s Custom Cake Makers, Friday Weekly, Nepal
- By Angela Shah July 5, 2012 The Other Face Of Nepal - Kathmandu's growing hotel options offer tourists a luxury experience away from budget paths, Gulf Business
- By Niranjan Kunwar Sep 12, 2013 10 Things That Helped Me Reconnect With Kathmandu