The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Its aim is to explore current topics regarding the interaction between people and technology. Peer-reviewed articles in the journal are intended to address the issues and challenges surrounding the role of human interaction with ICT in all areas of society. The journal seeks to edit interdisciplinary research about how applied technology can affect human existence or how it can, for instance, foster personal development and professional competencies changes, and how it can enhance, for example, innovation, e-learning, socio-technical evolutions and communication.
Professor Pertti Saariluoma, founding editor in chief (2005-2011)  University of Jyväskylä
Professor Päivi Häkkinen (2012-2014)  University of Jyväskylä
Board of EditorsEdit
- Jóse J. Cañas, Professor, Cognitive Ergonomics Group, University of Granada, Spain
- Markku Hakkinen, Ph.D., Research and Development Division, Educational Testing Service, Princeton University, United States
- Päivi Häkkinen, Professor, Educational Technology, and Vice-Director of the Finnish Institute of Educational Research, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Jun He, Ph.D., Department of Management Studies, College of Business, University of Michigan-Dearborn, United States
- R. Malt Joshi, Professor, Teaching, Learning, & Culture, Texas A&M University, United States
- Ann Light, Professor, Creative Technology, University of Sussex, UK
- Jim McGuigan, Professor, Department of Social Sciences, Loughborough University, UK
- Jan Pawlowski, Professor, Economic Computer Science, Hochshule Ruhr West University of Applied Science, Germany and Global Information Systems, University of Jyväskylä Finland
- Raul Pertierra, Professor, Department of Sociology & Anthropology, Ateneo de Manila University, The Philippines
- Roger Säljö, Professor, Department of Education, Communication, and Learning, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Marita Vos, Professor, Department of Communication, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Barbara Crawford, the Agora Center, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Human Technology is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (Lund University Libraries), and is cited and/or abstracted in various databases, including: PsycINFO(American Psychological Association).
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- HT on DOAJ Archived 2012-03-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- APA page 14, entry : 1795-6889 Human Technology: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Humans in ICT Environments