The album's eponymous song has seen increased recognition from employment over the years:
- in theatrical trailers for the films Everything Is Illuminated (2005), Little Miss Sunshine (2006) and Bottle Shock (2008)
- in the soundtrack for Peter Mortimer's 2006 climbing film First Ascent,
- as a fixture of the commercial trailer for the video game Gears of War 2,
- in the season 4 promotional advertisement for Living TV's Ghost Whisperer (2009),
- in a montage of Vanessa Redgrave's films when she was awarded a fellowship award at the 2010 BAFTAs,
- in the season 4, episode 9 "Getting to Know You" of Everwood in the 2005
- in the Norwegian TV series "Dag" Season 2 Episode 4, End Credits 2010.
- in the performance by Season 7's So You Think You Can Dance contestant Kent Boyd with partner Neil Haskell, choreographed by Travis Wall (August 4, 2010).
- in a German Nutella advertisement.
- in a Dutch PGGM (pension fund) advertisement.
- in series 4, episode 4 of Misfits, 2012.
- in a 2013 DIRECTV commercial.
- in a Brazilian soap opera called Meu pedacinho de chão (my small piece of land), in 2014.
- The beginning of the song is used as an instrumental in the 2016 Louie Theroux documentary episode Drinking to Oblivion.
The central instrumental melody in "Twenty-Six Temptations" references a theme from the Godfather films; one that first appears in "Michael Comes Home" from the Godfather II soundtrack.
Additionally, "Dearly Departed" appears in the 2010 film "Jack Goes Boating".