Houthoff is a long-established Netherlands based law firm, headquartered in the Netherlands. With 300 lawyers worldwide, Houthoff is one of the largest law firms in the Netherlands. Houthoff advises large international corporations on a boardroom level, assisting them in matters with a strategic impact. The lawyers focus on Dutch and EU legal aspects. Houthoff has offices in Rotterdam, London, Brussels and New York City and has representatives in Houston and Singapore serving as communication hubs for cross-border work. Houthoff works on a permanent non-exclusive basis with law firms in London and New York City, as well as major firms in other global economic centers.
|No. of offices||5|
|No. of attorneys||> 300|
|Major practice areas||Corporate / M&A, Banking & Finance, Dispute Resolution, Real Estate|
|Key people||Managing partners: Edward de Bock, Gerhard Gispen, Albert Knigge|
- Advising Siemens on the sale of its stake in joint venture Nokia Siemens Networks to Nokia for €1.7 billion.
- Acting as court appointed bankruptcy trustee of Lehman Brothers Treasury.
- Advising TPG Capital and Patron Capital on the purchase and restructuring of the distressed portfolio of Opera Finance (Uni-Invest).
- Advising Petrobras on the sale of a stake in Petrobras Oil & Gas, a company controlling Petrobras’ E&P operations in Africa, to BTG Pactual for $1.53 billion.
- Advising BTG Pactual on its IPO and listing on São Paulo stock exchange (raised $1.95bn) and NYSE Euronext Amsterdam.
- "Chambers Partners - Firms - Houthoff Buruma". Chambersandpartners.com. 2013.
- "The Lawyer Euro 100". Thelawyer.com. 2011. Archived from the original on 2014-02-22.
- "Lex Mundi 2013". Lexmundi.com. 2013.
- "NOST China News". http://news.nost.org.cn. 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-10-03. External link in
- "Xiamen Bar Association". http://www.xmls.cn. 2013. External link in
- "Tenet & Partners". http://www.tenetlaw.com. 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-11-04. External link in
- "College of Comparative Law, China University of Political Science and Law". http://www.cupl.edu.cn /. 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. External link in