|Born||1963 (age 56–57)|
|Allegiance||Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps|
|Years of service||1982–present|
According to a biography from the "pro-government" Iran Student Correspondents Association summarized in the website Iran Rises, Taeb was born in 1342 (1963/4). After his middle education, he went to seminary school and reached an advanced degree (kharej) in Islamic jurisprudence after studying in Tehran, Mashhad, and Qom. He had studied with, among others, Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei. Taeb joined the Revolutionary Guards (which supervises the Basij) in 1361 (1982/3), beginning his work in Region 10 of Tehran and continued on to Qom and Mashhad. He was "for some time the Revolutionary Guards’ coordinator with the Leader as well as the cultural commander of Imam Hossein College."
Under Taeb's command, the Basij have been very active in suppressing protest over the controversial 2009 Iranian presidential elections. The suppression has seen the death of at least dozens of protesters on the streets or in prison.
In public statements Taeb has cautioned Iranians that the United States was "hiring agents and mercenaries in an effort to continue its plots for a soft overthrow of the Islamic Republic," according to the Iranian Fars news agency. Taeb has also stated that the post-election "anti-government riots" "killed eight members of the Basij and wounded 300 others."
The list of his Responsibilities includes:
- Deputy Culture of Joint Staff of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps
- Commander department of Culture of Imam Hossein University
- Commander of the Basij on October 29, 2007, 
- The head of the Intelligence Organization of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps on October 2009 
Private property of Hossein Taeb is frozen by the European Union and he is not allowed to enter Europe because "forces under his command participated in mass beatings, murders, detentions and tortures of peaceful protestors." He has also been black-listed by the U.S government.
- Hosein Taeb Iran Rises. August 30th, 2009. accessed 23-September-2009
- The Rise of the Iranian Dictatorship, GENEIVE ABDO. OCTOBER 7, 2009 accessed 13-October-2009
- Basij Commander: US Hiring Agents for Soft Overthrow of Islamic Republic. farsnews Archived 2011-09-29 at the Wayback Machine 23 Sep 2009. accessed 23-September-2009
- Police, Basij 'imposters' arrested in Iran Archived 2009-07-02 at the Wayback Machine PressTV, 29 Jun 2009. accessed 23-September-2009
- Iran opposition says 72 died in post-poll unrest Reuters. Sep 3, 2009. accessed 23-September-2009
- اطلاعات موازی رسماً جایگزین وزارت اطلاعات میشود Archived 2009-07-30 at the Wayback Machine هرانا
هشدار کروبی به وزارت اطلاعات رادیو فرانسه
- Basij Mission Cultural Iran Daily, 29 Jun 2009. accessed 23-September-2009
- Iran's Khamenei reshuffles Revolutionary Guards top brass, AFP, Oct 4, 2009
- Official Journal of the European Union, 4/14/2001: COUNCIL REGULATION (EU) No 359/2011 of 12 April 2011 concerning restrictive measures directed against certain persons, entities and bodies in view of the situation in Iran
- "IRAN". U.S. Treasury Department.
| Commander of Basij
Mohammad Reza Naqdi
| Commander of Intelligence Organization of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps