|Masud Mohamed Salad (CEO)|
Number of employees
Hormuud Telecom was founded by Ahmed Nur Ali Jimale in April 2002. It currently has 5000+ permanent employees and a varying number of temporary staff.
The company provides mobile service (GSM), landlines and mobile linked internet services (such as Mifi4G, Adsl,W-dsl and Hotspot).
Hormuud employs more than 5,000 full-time and part-time staff with different specialties. Among these workers are telecommunication engineering, customer service, sales and marketing, and finance specialists.
Around 45% of the firm's personnel are engineers.
In December 2012, Hormuud launched its Tri-Band 3G service for mobile and internet clients. The first of its kind in the country, this 3G mobile telecommunications technology offers users a faster and more secure connection.
In July 2014, Hormuud Telecom along with NationLink and Somtel signed an interconnection agreement. The cooperative deal will see the firms establish the Somali Telecommunication Company (STC), which will allow their mobile clients to communicate across all three networks.
- "Leading Telecommunication Providers in Somalia". Hormuud Telecom. Archived from the original on 2014-10-25.
- "Somalia: Public land in and around Mogadishu airport misused". Garowe Online. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Somalia's Hormuud rings up telecom profits despite anarchy". Reuters. 13 November 2013. Missing or empty
- "Hormuud Telecom Extends Microwave Backbone Through Addition of Harris Stratex Networks Technology". PR Newswire. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Somalia gets 3G mobile service". Shabelle Media Network. 30 December 2012. Archived from the original on 8 January 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2014.
- "Hormuud, Somtel, Nationlink sign interconnection deal". TeleGeography. 23 July 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2014.