Honor Louisa Carter (née Dillon, born 14 July 1982 in Blenheim) is a field hockey player from New Zealand.
14 July 1982|
Blenheim, New Zealand
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Last updated on: 16 August 2012 (national)|
She has competed for the New Zealand women's national field hockey team since 2004, including for the team at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, Australia, the 2004 Champions Trophy Tournament in Rosario, Argentina and the 2006 Champions Trophy Tournament in Amstelveen, Netherlands.
Carter was first selected for the Black Sticks Women in November 2004 on the back of her performance for Canterbury in the National Hockey League that year. She played her first match for the Black Sticks on 6 November 2004, against Argentina in Rosario, Argentina, as part of the 2004 Champions Trophy Tournament (top 6 teams in the world).
Born in Blenheim to James and Maling Dillon, Carter spent most of her early life living in Wellington. She has two older sisters: Amber and Michal. Carter attended Chilton Saint James School, before later completing a double degree - Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) and Bachelor of Science (Psychology) - at the University of Canterbury.
Carter became engaged to long term boyfriend Dan Carter, player of the New Zealand national rugby union team on 9 October 2010. The couple resided in Auckland, where she worked as a Marketing Manager for DB Breweries. The couple married at Timara Lodge, Marlborough on 9 December 2011. The couple announced the birth of their first child, a son, on 28 March 2013. Their second son was born on 3 April 2015.
- "New Zealand Hockey Representatives - Women" (PDF). Hockey New Zealand. 16 August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 February 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "New Zealand Goal Scorers - Women" (PDF). Hockey New Zealand. 16 August 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 February 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Baby boy for Dan Carter". TVNZ.
- "Dan and Honor Carter expecting second child". Stuff. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Dan Carter has second son, baby 'healthy, and handsome'". 5 April 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2015.