Hombale Films, is a Bengaluru-based billion dollar film production start-up founded by Vijay Kiragandur with an intent of bringing in a corporate style of filmmaking to an already prosperous South Indian film industry.
|Founded||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India in 1998|
|Vijay Kiragandur |
Hombale Films was founded by Vijay Kiragandur, an entrepreneur from Bangalore. Hombale Films' first production endeavor was the Kannada film Ninnindale in 2014, starring Puneeth Rajkumar. Their next venture was Masterpiece, starring Yash, in 2015.
Their third venture Raajakumara was directed by Santhosh Ananddram, and became the top grossing Kannada film at the time. It reportedly grossed more than Rs. 75 crores in the Karnataka box office and was an industry hit.
Hombale Films' fourth film was K.G.F: Chapter 1, directed by Prashanth Neel of Ugramm fame. This film was released in five languages across India: Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Hindi. K.G.F: Chapter 1 was very successful at the box office, becoming the first Kannada film to enter the Rs. 200 crore club worldwide, and collected more than 250 crores.
Hombale Films' next venture was Yuvarathnaa in 2021, which marked their third collaboration with Puneeth Rajkumar, and second collaboration with director Santhosh Ananddram. Yuvarathnaa released on 1 April 2021 in Kannada and Telugu, and was made available on Amazon Prime Video shortly after due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Yuvarathnaa marked Hombale Films' first foray into music production, under the label Hombale Music.
Hombale Films is working on K.G.F: Chapter 2, directed by Prashanth Neel. The film is a sequel to K.G.F: Chapter 1, which was released in 2018. Yash is reprising his lead role from the first film and Hindi actor Sanjay Dutt will star as the antagonist, marking his debut in Kannada. The film is set for a April 2022 release and will be dubbed in Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu languages.
As of 2021, Hombale Films are also working with Prashant Neel for Salaar, an upcoming Indian film starring Prabhas and Shruti Haasan. They are also working with Dr. Suri for Bagheera, starring Sriimurali, and written by Prashant Neel. Hombale Films' fourth collaboration with Puneeth Rajkumar is marked by Dvitva, which will be directed by Pawan Kumar of Lucia fame. Another film titled as Richard Antony, written and directed by Rakshith Shetty was announced, serving as a sequel to Rakshith's directorial debut film Ulidavaru Kandanthe.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
- "Hombale Films on Moviebuff.com". Moviebuff.com. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- NewsKarnataka. "Hombale Films: Taking Sandalwood to another level". NewsKarnataka. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "KGF: Chapter 2 - This Bollywood actor to boost box office collections of Yash starrer?". www.zeebiz.com.
- "Yash's film KGF: Chapter 1 made Rs 250 crore at the box office worldwide and became a magnum-opus. Now, the makers are busy with pre-production work of KGF: Chapter 2.", indiatoday, 9 February 2019
- "Sanjay Dutt's return gift to fans on his 60th birthday: KGF Chapter 2 first look as Adheera". India Today. Ist. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "Puneet Rajkumar's next titled 'Yuvarathna' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 November 2019.
- "'Salaar' creates controversy, makers face backlash from fans".