The Association of the Holy Family of Bordeaux was founded in France in 1820 by Pierre-Bienvenu Noailles, a canon of that city. His vision was to allow the expression of the Christian life in various forms.
The association is composed of:
- Religious Sisters who perform active ministry in schools, hospitals and parishes.
- Religious Sisters who live a contemplative way of life.
- Women who belong to the Secular Institute of the Holy Family of Bordeaux.
- Lay Associates, who are committed to supported the works of the Association.
- Priest Associates, who cooperate in the work of the Association.