Holly Hunt is an American designer. She is the founder and CEO of Holly Hunt Design, a company that designs, produces and showcases custom made product including indoor and outdoor furniture, lighting, rugs, textiles and leathers.
Holly Hunt, 2015
|Alma mater||Texas Tech University|
Early life and educationEdit
Born and raised in West Texas, Hunt's childhood aspirations were to be involved in fashion design. After graduating from Texas Tech, she completed an executive training program at Foley's in Houston, a now defunct department store once owned by Federated Department Stores (now known as Macy's). With her interests still in designing, she moved to New York City in the early 1970s to become a design assistant for the president of a costume jewelry firm.
In 1983, Hunt bought a small showroom in Chicago's Merchandise Mart and changed the name almost a year later, becoming the first HOLLY HUNT showroom. Over the last 30 years, the HOLLY HUNT brand has opened 10 more showrooms across the United States, as well as the recent opening of a London showroom.
Hunt was given the "Timeless Design Award" by The Royal Oak Foundation in London, and has been recognized by industry groups such as the International Interior Design Association and Cottages & Gardens magazine. She has also been honored by her alma mater with their annual "Distinguished Leadership Award" in 2012.
- Thompson, Henrietta (October 25, 2014), "American transfer: Holly Hunt opens Mayfair showroom", The Telegraph, retrieved September 17, 2016
- Klages, Karen; Spinelli, Rose (November 28, 2004), "Sitting Pretty: A Talent for Trendspotting and a Willingness to Take Big Risks Sent Designer Holly Hunt to the Top of Her World", Chicago Tribune, archived from the original on September 17, 2016, retrieved September 17, 2016 Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Stoodley, Sheila Gibson (July 27, 2015), "Showroom Business", Robb Report, retrieved September 17, 2016
- "About - Holly Bio".
- Mason, Everdeen (3 February 2014). "Knoll Acquires Holly Hunt for $95 Million" – via Wall Street Journal.
- "Holly Hunt sells design firm for $95 million".
- "Royal Oak Foundation Timeless Design Award Honorees".
- "International Honors and Awards 2010". www.iida.org.
- Slyker, Karin. "Human Sciences Hosts 30th Annual Distinguished Alumni Luncheon - October - 2012 - Texas Tech Today - TTU".