Hoërskool Monument (Afrikaans: "Monument High School"; also known by the nickname Monnas) is a parallel medium (formerly purely Afrikaans medium) high school situated in Krugersdorp, Gauteng, South Africa.
|Type||Public & Boarding|
|Motto||Liewer slyt as roes|
(It’s better to wear out than rust out)
|Established||1 February 1921|
|School district||District 5|
|Principal||Mr Calitz |
|Gender||Boys & Girls|
|Age||14 to 18|
|Number of students||1,600 pupils|
|Schedule||07:30 - 14:00|
|Colour(s)|| Blue |
|Accreditation||Gauteng Department of Education|
The school is considered one of the top rugby schools in South Africa and consistently rank amongst the country's top 10 teams in the South African schools unofficial rugby rankings. The first team rugby squad is known as the Wit Bulle (which translates as the White Bulls in English). The cultural activities offered by the school include choir, debate, public speaking, Junior United Nations, Miss Monnas, orators, and revue. The school also offers sports facilities for the following sports: athletics, golf, hockey, cricket, cross country, netball, rugby, chess, swimming, tennis and jukskei.
Notable alumni include former president and Nobel Prize laureate F. W. de Klerk along with numerous current and former Springbok and International rugby players.
The 'Wit Bulle' was founded by GW.Jorgenson in 1980
- Winner of Administrator, Directors and Beeld trophy 9 times: (1953, 1979, 1980,1984, 2005, 2009, 2010, 2017 and 2018)
- Won National Media 24 competition in 2003
- Transvaal / Golden Lions 1st team Macro Schools Competition champs for 25 years
- Nupower/ Tuks University 1st team winners in 2009, 2010, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- F. W. de Klerk, former State President of South Africa and Nobel Prize winner, completed high school education at Monument High School.
The following alumni from Monument High School have played for the South Africa national rugby union team:
- Christo Wagenaar (1977) 
- Brendan Venter (1994)
- Jaque Fourie (2003)
- Jorrie Muller (2003)
- Heinke van der Merwe (2007)
- Willem Alberts (2010)
- Jaco Taute (2013)
- Ruan Dreyer (2016)
- Julian Redelinghuys (2016)
- Jaco van Der Walt (Lions)
- Dwayne Pienaar (Current Valke Captain)
The following alumni from Monument High School have played for other International rugby union teams:
- Gert Peens, a South Africa-born, former Monument High School student and is an Italian rugby union player capped in 2002.
- Quintin Geldenhuys, is a former Monument High School student and a South Africa-born Italian rugby union player capped in 2010.
- Paul Willemse (France)
- Jaco van der Walt (Edinburgh)
In addition to the school's international success, Monument High School is one of the top producers of professional rugby players in South Africa, alongside other elite rugby schools like Grey College, Paul Roos Gymnasium, Bishops College and Afrikaanse Hoër Seunskool
- www.monnas.co.za/die-hoof---principal.html www.monnas.co.za/die-hoof---principal.html www.monnas.co.za/die-hoof---principal.html "Die Hoof/Principal" Archived 2013-07-26 at the Wayback Machine,www.monnas.co.za, South Africa. Retrieved on 6 June 2013.
- "Mutual & Federal Premier Inter-Schools: Hoërskool Monument vs Glenwood High School on 28 May 2013" Archived 24 June 2013 at archive.today, South Africa, 28 May 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- "Rugby: Hoërskool Monument Their History and Team of 2013", South Africa, 1 April 2013. Retrieved 10 June 2013
- "Premier Interschools: Hoërskool Waterkloof vs Hoërskool Monument Historic Overview on 11 August 2012", www.rugby15.co.za, South Africa, 9 August 2012. Retrieved on 6 June 2013.
- www.rugby365.com/article/39053-hoerskool-monument "HOERSKOOL MONUMENT", www.rugby365.com, 8 April 2004. Retrieved 6 June 2013.