This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017)
His Excellency is a 1958 Australian television film.
|Based on||play by Campbell Christie|
|Written by||Philip Albright|
|Directed by||Alan Burke|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||3 December 1958|
It was based on a play which had been previously adapted into a 1952 film, His Excellency.
The play was performed in Australia in 1953.
An ex-docker is appointed governor of a British island colony.
- Stewart Ginn as the Governor
- Harvey Adams
- Lola Brooks
- Ric Hutton
- John Juson
- Eric Reiman
- John Tate
- Owen Weingott
It was Stewart Ginn's first appearance in a TV play. It was directed by Alan Burke who had just done Rose without a Thorn for the ABC and directed Look Back in Anger on stage for the Elizabethan Theatre Trust. Burke went on to become one of the ABC"s leading directors.
- ^ "TV Guide". Sydney Morning Herald. 3 December 1958. p. 22.
- ^ "TV Guide". The Age. 26 December 1958. p. 22.
- ^ "AT SYDNEY THEATRES". Le Courrier Australien. No. 41. New South Wales, Australia. 9 October 1953. p. 5. Retrieved 25 October 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- ^ "ABN "Live" Play". Sydney Morning Herald. 1 December 1958. p. 23.