Higashi-Kawaguchi Station (東川口駅, Higashi-Kawaguchi-eki) is an interchange passenger railway station in located in the city of Kawaguchi, Saitama, Japan, jointly operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East) and the third sector railway operator Saitama Railway Corporation.
|Location||Kawaguchi, Saitama Prefecture|
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
The Saitama Railway Station is served by the 14.6 km Saitama Rapid Railway Line, which extends from Akabane-iwabuchi in Kita, Tokyo to Urawa-Misono in Midori-ku, Saitama, and lies 12.2 km from the starting point of the line at Akabane-iwabuchi. The majority of services on the line continue southward onto the Tokyo Metro Namboku Line to Meguro and on the Tokyu Meguro Line to Hiyoshi in Kanagawa Prefecture.
The JR East part of the station consists of an elevated island platform serving two tracks, with the station building located underneath. The Saitama Railway part of the station is located underground, and also consists of an island platform serving two tracks.
|JR East station|
|Location||1 Tozuka, Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama-ken|
|Operated by||JR East|
|Distance||68.0 km (42.3 mi) from Tsurumi|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Status||Staffed ( "Midori no Madoguchi" )|
|Opened||1 April 1973|
|1||Musashino Line||for Minami-Urawa, Nishi-Kokubunji, and Fuchūhommachi|
|2||Musashino Line||for Minami-Koshigaya, Shim-Matsudo, Nishi-Funabashi, Tokyo and Kaihimmakuhari|
The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
|Saitama Railway Corporation station|
|Location||1-1-1 Higashi-Kawaguchi, Kawaguchi-shi, Saitama-ken|
|Operated by||Saitama Rapid Railway|
|Line(s)||Saitama Railway Line|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Opened||28 March 2001|
|1||■ Saitama Rapid Railway Line||for Urawa-Misono|
|2||■ Saitama Rapid Railway Line||for Akabane-iwabuchi|
Tokyo Metro Namboku Line for Meguro
Tokyu Meguro Line for Hiyoshi
Facilities and accessibilityEdit
The station concourse and platforms have elevator access. Universal access toilets are available on the concourse level.
In fiscal 2019, the JR East station was used by an average of 36,918 passengers daily (boarding passengers only). In fiscal 2019, the Saitama Railway station was used by an average of 16,934 passengers daily.
The JR East passenger figures for previous years are as shown below.
|Fiscal year||Daily average|
The JR East station opened on April 1, 1973, as one of the original stations on the then-Japanese National Railways (JNR) Musashino Line. With the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, the station came under the control of JR East. The Saitama Rapid Railway Line opened on 28 March 2001.
- Terada, Hirokazu (19 January 2013). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 216. ISBN 978-4-7770-1336-4.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2019年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2019)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- 経営状況、輸送状況 [Business status, transportation status] (in Japanese). Japan: Saitama Railway Corporation. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2000年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2000)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2001. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2005年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2005)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2006. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2010年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2010)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- 各駅の乗車人員 (2015年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2015)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2020. Retrieved 11 August 2020.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. Vol. II. Japan: JTB. p. 74. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
Media related to Higashi-Kawaguchi Station at Wikimedia Commons