Hey, Look Me Over (song)
"Hey, Look Me Over" is a song from the 1960 Broadway musical Wildcat. In the original musical, the song was sung by comedy actress Lucille Ball, in what was the only Broadway appearance of her career.
Ball and co-star Paula Stewart performed the song live on The Ed Sullivan Show, and it was subsequently recorded and/or performed by, among others, Louis Armstrong, Judy Garland, Rosemary Clooney, Bing Crosby, Peggy Lee, Johnny Mathis, Bobby Short, Gene Krupa, Mel Tormé, Jerry Vale, Julie Wilson, Lucie Arnaz, and British singer Ronnie Hilton. The song was featured in the 1999 film Going in Style. The soundtrack of the 2017 remake of Going in Style included a Dixieland version by Jamie Cullum.
- June Bundy (December 26, 1960). "Lucille Ball Tame in 'Wildcat'". Billboard. p. 10.
- Format: 45, (flip side: Moon River) Kapp Records, 10 732 AT. Format: LP: Hello, Dolly by Louis Armstrong 1964. Kapp Records, Stereo: KS 3364, Mono: KL 1364
- The Judy Garland Show taped July 7, 1963, aired Nov. 10, 1963. DVD: The Judy Garland Show, Vol. 2. Pioneer Entertainment
- RCA Victor – 47-7819, Vinyl, 7", 45 RPM; 1960.
- Hey, Look Us Over, Bing Crosby & Rosemary Clooney singing in duet CD Jasmine Records ASIN B0000017D4
- Gene Krupa in Concert, newly discovered recordings, CD, Label: DBK/JAZZ, 70015. 1998
- on YouTube
|This show tune-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|