Herbert Müller (handball coach)
Herbert Müller (born 3 September 1962 in Timișoara) is a Romanian-German handball coach and former handball player. He is currently in charge of Thüringer HC of the German Bundesliga, and beside his club duties he also serves as the head coach of the Austria women's national handball team.
He was born to ethnic German parents, Franz and Anna Müller in Timișoara, and started to play handball for the local team Poli Timișoara in 1976. Four years later he left the country with his family because of the hard times under the communist regime in Romania, and settled in Germany. He continued his playing career in Augsburg, where he ended his career in 1988.
He began coaching in 1984 at TSG Augsburg, while he was still a player. In 1999 he took the hot seat of 1. FC Nürnberg, with them he achieved his biggest successes, winning two domestic championships and two domestic cup titles. In addition, he also won the EHF Challenge Cup in 2004.
- Stoica, Marian (19 January 2010). "Herbert Müller este trup şi suflet pentru handbal". adevarul.ro (in Romanian). Retrieved 28 March 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Herbert Müller Profile" (in German). Thüringer HC official website. Archived from the original on 23 May 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Cupa şi campionatul, două obiective îndeplinite pentru Herbert Müller şi Thüringen HC (Romanian)". www.sport365.ro. Retrieved 2011-05-22. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "ÖHB-Team fliegt zur Frauen-WM in Paris: "Wir fliegen mit Freude und Spaß zur WM"". news.at (in German). 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Austria portrait". European Handball Federation. Retrieved 13 July 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)[permanent dead link]
- "Herbert Muller va antrena Rulmentul Brasov". onlinesport.ro (in Romanian). 5 July 2008. Retrieved 28 March 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)