Henry Robinson Hall
Henry Robinson Hall (1859–1927) was a Victorian and Edwardian landscape painter in oils and watercolours noted for his Highland cattle.
Henry Robinson Hall
|Died||31 May 1927|
|Known for||Highland cattle|
|Spouse(s)||Mary Annie née Bleasdale|
Hall was born to Eliza Robinson in the City of York in 1859 and died on 31 May 1927 at Barrow-in-Furness. He lived in the City of York, Elswick, Blackpool, Woodland, Coniston and Barrow-in-Furness, and married Mary Annie née Bleasdale. He is buried in the yard of St. Andrews parish church at Coniston.
Hall's known works include:
- A Cattle Raid in the Highlands (1890).
- Coniston Lake from Lake Bank (nd).
- Denizen of the Highlands (nd).
- Drover with Cows by Lake Buttermere Evening (nd).
- Evening Glow (1902) 
- Highland Cattle (nd).
- Highland Cattle above Loch Maree (nd).
- Highland Cattle Loch Lomond (nd).
- Highland Cattle, Isle of Skye (nd).
- River Wyre Nr Poulton-le-Fylde (1897).
- The Dying Stag (1896).
- The Ghyll, Coniston, Cumbria (nd).
- The Home of the Golden Eagle (nd).
- The Young Falconer (nd).
- In Memory of Henry Robinson Hall ..., Monumental Inscription, St Andrews Churchyard, Coniston (Cumbria) 1927.
- Census Returns of England and Wales for 1861-1921, The National Archives, Kew (Surrey) 1861-1921.
- Aulthurstside Church of England School, Broughton-in-Furness - Admission Registers, BDS 46, Cumbria County Record Office, Barrow in Furness, 1875-1958.
- The Royal Academy of Arts: A Complete Dictionary of Contributors and Their Work from its Foundation in 1769 to 1904 - Volume 3 Eadie to Harraden by Algernon Graves, Henry Graves and George Bell, London 1905, page 356a.
- Paintings authenticated by HR Hall, BDB17/SP3/61, Cumbria County Record Office, Barrow-in-Furness, 1910.
- A Cattle Raid in the Highlands Lot78 - Henry R. Hall Painting sold by Brunk Auctions, Asheville NC, 6 September 2006.
- Coniston Lake from Lake Bank in The Dock Museum, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria England LA142PW. Accessed 17 July 2012.
- "Denizen of the Highlands". Art UK. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- Drover with Cows by Lake Buttermere Evening uploaded to Wikigallery.org. Accessed 21 January 2010.
- "Highland Cattle". Art UK. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- Highland Cattle above Loch Maree in Rossendale Museum, Rossendale, Lancashire, England BB46RE. Accessed 17 July 2012.
- Highland Cattle, Isle of Skye for sale by Meibohm Fine Arts, East Aurora, New York, USA. Accessed 19 July 2014.
- The Ghyll, Coniston, Cumbria in Atkinson Art Gallery Collection, c/- Sefton Council, Southport England PR81DA. Accessed 17 July 2012.
- The Home of the Golden Eagle Lot 344 - H R Hall sold by Halls Fine Arts, Shrewsbury Shropshire, 8 November 2006.
- The Young Falconer in Abbot Hall Art Gallery, Kendal, Cumbria, England LA95AL. Accessed 17 July 2012.