Judicus Marinus Henricus Jacobus "Henry" Keizer (4 November 1960 – 5 October 2019) was a Dutch businessman who served as Chairman of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy, the leading political party in the Netherlands.
Henry Keizer in 2014
|Chairman of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy|
14 June 2014 – 18 May 2017
|Preceded by||Benk Korthals|
Judicus Marinus Henricus Jacobus Keizer
4 November 1960
|Died||5 October 2019 (aged 58)|
The Hague, Netherlands
|Political party||People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (from 1983)|
|Children||1 son (born 1991)|
|Residence||The Hague, Netherlands|
In April 2017 the Dutch platform for investigative journalism Follow the Money (FTM) published an article that accused Henry Keizer and three partners claiming that they had unfairly enriched themselves by buying an enterprise at a price that was below the actual value. It was also claimed that there was a conflict of interest, as Keizer was also an advisor to the sellers. Keizer denied the allegations and stated that they had done nothing wrong and claimed that the take-over was based on independent audit reports. The former owners of the company officially supported this statement.
His party for the time being decided not to consult its Integrity Committee. Later on at the request of Keizer the Integrity Committee of the VVD did start an investigation. Pending the results he decided to temporarily suspend his duties as president of the VVD.
On 15 May 2017 Pieter Lakeman of the Dutch Foundation for Research Business Information (SOBI) filed a complaint against Keizer and his partners at the prosecutor's office. SOBI at the same time also filed a disciplinary complaint against the external auditor of the company at the Disciplinary Court for Accountants (Dutch Accountantskamer).
On 29 January 2018, the Dutch ‘Accountantskamer’ ruled and rejected all complaints and accusations against the accountant made by SOBI.
- (in Dutch) Henry Keizer nieuwe VVD-voorzitter, NOS, 14 June 2014
- (in Dutch) Henry Keizer gekozen als nieuwe partijvoorzitter VVD, Elsevier, 14 June 2014
- (in Dutch) VVD wil kiesdrempel tegen te kleine partijen, NOS, 26 May 2015
- "VVD-praeses Henry Keizer ontkent zelfverrijking met uitvaartorganisatie". de Volkskrant. Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- VVD reageert koeltjes op schandaal rond voorzitter Keizer, Elsevier, 22 April 2017.
- Integriteitsonderzoek naar VVD-voorzitter, RD, 29 April 2017
- "Henry Keizer legt VVD-voorzitterschap voorlopig neer om omstreden deal". rtlz.nl.
- Een Vandaag, aangifte van oplichting tegen VVD-er Henry Keizer, May 16, 2017.
- "Tuchtklacht tegen drs. M de Kimpe RA" (PDF). Accountant.nl. Accountant. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Verklaring Henry Keizer, partijvoorzitter VVD". VVD. VVD. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
- "Christianne van der Wal is de nieuwe partijvoorzitter". VVD. Retrieved 25 November 2017.
- "Rechter spreekt accountant voormalig VVD-partijvoorzitter Keizer vrij". AD.nl. AD. Retrieved 29 January 2018.
- (in Dutch) Official website
|Party political offices|
| Chairman of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy|
|This article about a Dutch People's Party for Freedom and Democracy politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|