Hendrik Petrus Venter (born 27 March 1992 in Bloemfontein) is a South African rugby union player for the Sharks in Super Rugby, having previously played for the Cheetahs from 2015 to 2019. His regular position is flanker.
|Full name||Hendrik Petrus Venter|
|Date of birth||27 March 1992|
|Place of birth||Bloemfontein, South Africa|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||97 kg (15 st 4 lb; 214 lb)|
|Notable relative(s)||Ruben Kruger (uncle)|
|Rugby union career|
He first played for Free State at the 2005 Under-13 Craven Week tournament. In 2008, he played for them in the 2008 Under-16 Grant Khomo Week and made it into an Under-16 Elite squad. He also played in the 2009 Academy Week. He played for Free State U19 in the 2011 Under-19 Provincial Championship competition and for Free State U21 in the 2012 Under-21 Provincial Championship and 2013 Under-21 Provincial Championship competitions.
He also played Varsity Cup rugby for UFS Shimlas. He was named in a Varsity Cup Dream Team at the conclusion of the 2015 Varsity Cup tournament which played one match against the South Africa Under-20s in Stellenbosch.
Free State Cheetahs / CheetahsEdit
He made his first class debut for the Free State Cheetahs in the 2012 Currie Cup Promotion/Relegation series against the Eastern Province Kings. He was also included in their squad for the 2013 Currie Cup Premier Division competition.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Henco Venter". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Varsity Cup XV 24-31 South Africa U/20". South African Rugby Union. 21 April 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Eastern Province Kings 6-16 Toyota Free State Cheetahs". South African Rugby Union. 26 October 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2016.
- "SA Rugby Squad – Toyota Free State Cheetahs : 2013 Absa Currie Cup Premier Division". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- "Vrystaat belê in jonges" (in Afrikaans). Volksblad. 25 July 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2014.
- "'Groot gevoel' om nes sy oom Ruben met nr. 7-trui te speel" (in Afrikaans). Volksblad. 29 January 2010. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
|This South Africa rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|