Health Protection Scotland
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
HPS provides advice, support and information to health professionals, national and local government, the general public.
It is responsible for developing and maintaining a range of websites.
Fit for travelEdit
HPS maintains a website fitfortravel.nhs.uk that provides travellers and their advisers with detailed information on health risks. The website offers general health advice, as well as specific advice on use of antimalarial tablets and vaccine recommendations. The website includes a country by country index and specific information for different groups of travellers, such as backpackers, young children, pregnant women and the elderly, as well as those with medical conditions such as diabetes and asthma.
For similar agencies elsewhere, please see the list of national public health agencies.
- "HPS weekly report". Health Protection Scotland. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "chapter 3: Health protection". Health in Scotland 2003. The Chief Medical Officer's Annual Report 2004. Edinburgh: Scottish Executive. March 2005. ISBN 0-7559-4333-3. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "About Health Protection Scotland". Health Protection Scotland. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "About HPS: Other HPS websites". Health Protection Scotland. 1 January 2015.
- "Health Protection Scotland: Protecting Scotland's Health" (PDF). Health Protection Scotland. 2009. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Fitfortravel website - re-design" (PDF). HPS weekly report. Health Protection Scotland. 48 (2014/04). 29 January 2014. ISSN 1753-4224. Retrieved 1 January 2015.