This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Haworth Tompkins was formed in 1991 by architects Graham Haworth [b. 1960] and Steve Tompkins [b. 1959].
|Haworth Tompkins Architects|
Coin Street Neighbourhood Centre (2007)|
National Theatre Studio (2007)
Young Vic Theatre (2006)
Royal Court Theatre (2000)
Iroko Housing, Coin Street (2001)
Stirling Prize (2014)|
Evening Standard Special Award for Innovative Theatre Architecture (2007)
Building Awards, Young Architect of The Year (2001)
Based in London, the studio works throughout the public, private and subsidised sectors on a wide range of building types including schools, galleries, theatres, housing, offices, shops and factories. The practice employs circa 55 people.
- Everyman Theatre, Liverpool
- Complete rebuilding of the Everyman Theatre. Completed 2014.
- The Shed, London
- Temporary auditorium for the National Theatre on the South Bank. 2013–2014 only.
- North Wall, Oxford
- New theatre for St Edward's School. Completed 2006.
- Young Vic Theatre, London
- Refurbishment of Bill Howell's 1970s auditorium with new studios, foyer and back-of-house facilities for the Young Vic theatre. Completed 2006.
- The Egg, Bath
- Children's Theatre for the Theatre Royal, in an existing Grade II listed building in the heart of Bath, Somerset. Completed 2005.
- Student Housing, Newington Green, London
- Accommodation for students in land-locked site in Newington Green, London. Transformation of the old headquarters building of the China Inland Mission. Completed 2004.
- Extension to Hayward Gallery, London
- Extension and refurbishment of the Hayward Gallery including new pavilion structure with artist Dan Graham. Completed 2004.
- Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry
- Extension and refurbishment for Coventry City Council adjacent to Coventry Cathedral. Completed 2004.
- Loch Promenade, Douglas, Isle of Man
- High-quality offices in the centre of Douglas with new landscaped square. Most recent phase completed 2002.
- Iroko Housing, London
- New terraced housing development with central courtyard for Coin Street Community Builders on London's South Bank. Completed 2001.
- Royal Court Theatre, London
- Rebuilding of existing Royal Court Theatre in Sloane Square with new front of house facilities, offices, dressing rooms and technical facilities. Completed 2000.
- Wainwright, Oliver (16 October 2014), "Liverpool's Everyman theatre wins Stirling prize", The Guardian, Guardian News and Media, retrieved 29 January 2018
- "Haworth Tompkins – Studio". Haworth Tompkins. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- "Haworth Tompkins – Team". Haworth Tompkins. Retrieved 19 July 2015.