Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone
The Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone observes Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time (HST) by subtracting ten hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−10:00). The clock time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 150th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory.
|Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone|
|22:18, 25 September 2021 HST |
23:18, 25 September 2021 HDT
|Observance of DST|
|DST is observed in some of this time zone.|
During daylight saving time (DST), the Alaskan portion observes Hawaii–Aleutian Daylight Time (HDT, UTC−09:00), while Hawaii stays on standard time. Hawaii has not observed daylight saving time since September 1945.
French Polynesia uses UTC−10:00 for its major cities. The Cook Islands also use the same time. These areas do not use DST. "Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone" is a U.S. term and for that reason the Polynesian areas are not considered to be a part of the Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone.
The largest city in the Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone is Honolulu; the Honolulu Metropolitan Area is the largest metropolitan area in the zone.
Major metropolitan areasEdit
Other significant placesEdit
- "U.S. Government Printing Office Style Manual: An official guide to the form and style of Federal Government printing" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office. 2008. p. 234. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
Time zones §9.47. The following forms are to be used when abbreviating names of time zones: ... HDT—Hawaii-Aleutian daylight time (not observed in HI) ... HST—Hawaii-Aleutian standard time
- "What are the time zones in the United States?". National Institute of Standards and Technology, U.S. Department of Commerce. 2016. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
Hawaii-Aleutian (HT); HST -10; HDT -9; DST observed in Aleutian Islands, but not Hawaii
- "Daylight Saving Time 2021 in Hawaii, United States". www.timeanddate.com. Retrieved 2021-03-22.
- "Sources for Time Zone and Daylight Saving Time Data". Archived from the original on 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2012-06-18.[failed verification]
- "Current Local Time in Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia". www.timeanddate.com. Retrieved 2021-03-22.
- "Time Zones in Cook Islands". www.timeanddate.com. Retrieved 2021-03-22.
- HST – Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time
- HDT – Hawaii–Aleutian Daylight Time
- The official U.S. time for the Hawaii–Aleutian time zone (Hawaii) dead link
- The official U.S. time for the Hawaii–Aleutian time zone (Aleutian Islands) dead link
- What are the time zones in the United States? (NIST)
- Hawaiian-Aleutian zone at Cornell