HauteLook is a member-only shopping website offering flash-sales and limited-time sale events featuring women's and men's fashion, jewelry and accessories, beauty products, kid's clothing and toys, and home décor. HauteLook offers discounts of 50 to 75 percent off retail prices with new sale events every morning. Launched in 2007, HauteLook is owned and operated by Nordstrom.
|Terry Boyle, President|
|Products||Clothing, jewelry, beauty, shoes, home furnishings , decor|
HauteLook was launched in December 2007 in Los Angeles, California by Adam Bernhard, a serial entrepreneur and former senior vice president at Joie clothing. Bernhard initially started the site as liquid8usa.com while he was working at Joie and noticed a market for off-price goods that were either in excess or leftover merchandise. In 2007, he renamed the website and launched HauteLook in Los Angeles with four employees.
In October 2013, Bernhard stepped down as chief executive officer of the company. He remains as an advisor to HauteLook and President Terry Boyle continues to lead the business, though no other CEO will be chosen.
In May 2014, HauteLook launched nordstromrack.com, an e-commerce site and mobile app, built on a shared platform that gives customers access to shop Nordstrom Rack merchandise alongside HauteLook flash sale events with Hautelook having more luxury retail items than Nordstrom Rack.
In August of 2018, hackers stole data relating to over 28.5 million accounts and placed it for sale on the dark web. This security breach included email addresses, bcrypt hashed passwords, and names. The security breach was uncovered in February of 2019.
- Leena Rao (February 17, 2011). "Nordstrom Acquires Flash Sales Site HauteLook For $270 Million". Tech Crunch. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- Benjamin F. Kuo (June 9, 2010). "SoCal Tech".
- Andrea Chang (18 November 2011). "Selling Fashion in a Flash". LA Times. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- Lattmore, Peter and Stephanie Clifford, , "The New York Times", February 17, 2011
- Teresa Novellino (4 October 2013). "HauteLook founder Adam Bernhard puts CEO role in rear-view mirror". Upstart Business Journal. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- Rachel Lerman (5 May 2014). "Did you know Nordstrom Rack never had a website — until now?". Puget Sound Business Journal. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- Erin Mayer (13 May 2014). "Nordstrom Rack Launches E-commerce Site So You Can Do Your Budget Shopping Online". Bustle. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "Hautelook.com Data Breach". We Leak Info. 2019-02-20. Retrieved 2019-05-09.
- Williams, Chris; at 23:55, Editor in Chief 11 Feb 2019. "620 million accounts stolen from 16 hacked websites now for sale on dark web, seller boasts". www.theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-05-09.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)