Hatebeak is an American death metal band, formed by Blake Harrison and Mark Sloan, featuring Waldo (b. 1991), a grey parrot. Hatebeak is reported to be the first band to have an avian vocalist. They never tour so as to not torture the bird. Hatebeak is signed to Reptilian Records. They released the album Number of the Beak on June 26, 2015, through Reptilian Records.
|Origin||Baltimore, Maryland United States|
|Genres||Death metal, grindcore|
|Years active||2003–2009, 2015–present|
|Associated acts||Pig Destroyer Longmont Potion Castle|
Waldo the Parrot
The band's sound has been described as "a jackhammer being ground in a compactor". Aquarius Records magazine called Hatebeak "furious and blasting death metal". Hatebeak made its second record with Caninus, a band whose lead singers were two dogs. Hatebeak's goal is to "raise the bar for extreme music".
- Waldo the Parrot (vocals)
- Mark Sloan (guitar, bass)
- Blake Harrison (drums)
- "Death metal band with parrot as lead singer -- Hatebeak".
- "Full Metal Parrot". The Daily Beast. 2014-03-13.
- "Parrot-Fronted Death Metal Band HATEBEAK Is Back With 'Number Of The Beak' Album". blabbermouth.net. 18 May 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2015.
- Carla Thornton (2004-10-30). ""Birds of a feather sing death metal together" - San Francisco Chronicle". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- "Parrot Chronicles magazine". Archived from the original on 2007-03-17. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- Hatebeak at Metal Archives
- Interview with Blacktable.com
- Enough Fanzine - Beak of Putrefaction
- Hatebeak on Bandcamp
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|