Hasan ibn Hasan
Hasan ibn Hasan ibn Ali
ٱلْحَسَن ٱبْن ٱلْحَسَن ٱبْن عَلِيّ
|Born||37 AH / 661 CE|
|Died||97 AH / 715 CE|
His father was Hasan ibn Ali. His mother was Khawlah bint Manzur ibn Zaban ibn Sayyar Fazari. Hasan al-Muthanna was present in the Battle of Karbala. Ahmad bin Ibrahim Hasani, in a tradition quoted from Abu Mikhnaf, he said that his age at that time was nineteen or twenty.
On the day of Ashura, he bravely fought beside Imam Husayn and was injured and was kept as captive. His maternal uncle, Asma' bin Kharijah Fazari, saved him. He was cured in Kufa; and after recovering, he returned to Medina.
Hasan ibn Hasan's uncle Husayn ibn Ali reportedly offered him to choose either of Husayn's two daughters Sukayna and Fatimah, to be his wife. Hasan, who was too shy to accept, consequently chose Fatimah, as she resembled his grandmother Fatimah al-Zahra.
Sayyed Ibn Tawus writes about the merit and nobility of Hasan bin Hasan and some other children of Imam Hasan: "These are people whose lofty position and merit all Muslims acknowledged".
According to a part of a narration reported from Imam Reza about the continuation of the offspring of Imam Hasan and Imam Husayn, it is inferred that Hasan al-Muthanna had many children and Imam Hasan's offspring continued through him and another brother of his named Zayd. It has been reported in this tradition: "Hasan bin Ali's offspring continued through two of his sons named Zayd and Hasan. Zayd had a son whose name was Hasan. Also, Hasan al-Muthanna had sons named Abdullah al-Kamil, Ibrahim al-Ghamr and Hasan al-Muthallath from Fatimah bint Husayn; Ja'far and Da'wud from Umm al-Walad; Muhammad from Ramlah bint Sa'id bin Zayd; who continued a third generation of Imam Hasan (AS)."
- Hasan ibn Hasan, the memorial of Imam hawzah.net Retrieved 9 Oct 2018
- Ashura mehrnews.com Retrieved 9 Oct 2018
- Hasan Muthana ghadeer.org Retrieved 11 Oct 2018
- The daughter of Imam Hussain islamicblessings.com Retrieved 11 Oct 2018
- The marriage of Hasan al-Muthanna mehrnews.com Retrieved 11 Oct 2018
- Ṭabarī, Tārīkh al-umam, vol. 5, p. 469.
- Ḥasanī, al-Maṣābih, p. 379; Mufīd, al-Irshād, vol. 2, p. 25.
- The issue of Hasan al-Muthanna's marriage to Imam Hussain's daughter mehrnews.com Retrieved 11 Oct 2018
- "Ibn Babawayh%28I%29". Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition. doi:10.1163/1573-3912_islam_com_0318.