Harrisonburg Transit is the municipally-owned public transportation system for the City of Harrisonburg in the Shenandoah Valley region of Virginia. The system is operated by the Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation (HDPT). Funding for the bus service is provided by the Virginia Department of Transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation, James Madison University, and the City of Harrisonburg.
|Parent||Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation|
|Headquarters||475 E. Washington St|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit, school bus, rideshare|
Much of the scheduled bus service is focused around JMU at the Godwin Transit Center with other main transfer points for city routes being on East Market Street at the Cloverleaf Shopping Center and the transfer hub at East Gay Street. HDPT also provides regular daily school transportation, using a fleet of approximately 50 school buses, as well as for field trips and sporting events. Paratransit service is offered for persons who have disabilities as prescribed under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Harrisonburg Transit's buses are mostly Gillig Low Floor buses with one Gillig Phantom bus. As of July 2016, the fleet consists of 39 fixed route transit buses with model years ranging from 2003 to 2015 (not including paratransit, school, or activity buses).
- Route 1 – East Market Street
- Route 2 – East Market Street & Northeast Neighborhoods
- Route 3 – South High & North Main
- Route 4 – South Main Street
- Route 5 – Virginia Ave
- Route 6 – Port Republic Road & Reservoir Street
Routes operating only when JMU is in sessionEdit
- Shopper – JMU to Walmart/Valley Mall
- Inner Campus Shuttle (ICS) – JMU Stops Only
- Route 7 – JMU to South View/Fox Hill/Squire Hill
- Route 8 – JMU to Sunchase/Miller Hall
- Route 9 – JMU to Stone Gate/Memorial Hall
- Route 10 – JMU to Pheasant Run/The Mill
- Route 11 – JMU to Montpelier Hall
- Route 12 – JMU to Overlook/South View/Fox Hill/Squire Hill
- Route 13 – JMU to South View/Fox Hill/Squire Hill/Miller Hall
- Route 14 – JMU to Port Republic to Memorial Hall
- Route 15 – JMU to Charleston Townes/Copper Beech/Campus View
- Route 16 – JMU to North 38
- Route 17 – JMU to Aspen Heights
- Route 18 – JMU to Hunters Ridge/The Harrison
- Night Campus Shuttle (NCS) – JMU Stops Only
- Route 31 – JMU to Pheasant Run/Downtown Harrisonburg/North 38/Walmart
- Route 32 – JMU to Walmart/Sunchase/Charleston Townes/Valley Mall/Copper Beech
- Route 33 – JMU to Port Republic
- Route 35 – JMU to Port Republic/Sunchase/Stone Gate
- Route 36 – JMU to Sunchase/Stone Gate/South View/Fox Hill/Squire Hill
- Route 37 – JMU to Port Republic/South Main
- Route 38 – JMU to South Main/Sunchase/Charleston Townes/Copper Beech/Campus View
- Route 39 – JMU to Evelyn Byrd Avenue/Copper Beech/Stone Gate/South View/Fox Hill/Squire Hill
- Route 40 – JMU to North 38/Charleston Townes/Stone Gate/South View/Fox Hill/Squire Hill
- Sunday Shuttle 1 – JMU to South Main/Port Republic
- Sunday Shuttle 2 – JMU to Evelyn Byrd Avenue/Copper Beech/Campus View/Cloverleaf/North 38
- Harrisonburg Transit: Fares and Policies
- "HDPT Transfer Locations". Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Harrisonburg City Schools school bus service
- Harrisonburg Paratransit
- "Bus Routes". 2011-09-21. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Full time city routes map". Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- "HDPT Spring Schedule". Harrisonburg Department of Public Transportation. Archived from the original on 2013-01-20. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harrisonburg Transit.|